1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

5 laying hens in San Francisco

Discussion in 'Animals In Need of Free Re-Homing' started by backyard SF, May 22, 2019.

1. backyard SF

backyard SF Hatching

May 22, 2019
    I have 5 hens available to a good home. We are moving to a larger house due to a growing family, and we unfortunately can't bring our chickens with us. We have 2 buff orpingtons and 1 australorp that are ~3.5 years old, and 1 laced wyandotte and 1 copper maran that are ~2.5 years old. All are still laying regularly - we're getting 3-4 eggs per day right now and 1-2 in the winter. The larger buff is broody at the moment, so she looks a little rough around the edges.

They are available for pickup in San Francisco any time.

IMG_1706.jpg IMG_1708.jpg IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_1706.jpg IMG_1708.jpg IMG_0051.jpg

2. backyard SF

backyard SF Hatching

May 22, 2019
    To add to this, I'm willing to deliver to anyone within an hour's drive.

3. Peppercorngal

Peppercorngal Crowing

Feb 5, 2018
    Feather Falls, CA
    I have an egg business in Butte County and can take them. They would be treated more like pets and be well cared for. We have two coops and runs and a very large free range area that they would enjoy. Unfortunately because of my business I can't really leave. It's longer than an hour. . . If you want to visit Lake Oroville, or the Feather Falls, it would be a great trip for the family! :gig I have a lake view and it's full now and very inviting. We are called Peppercorn Acres and are located 1/4 mile from the Enterprise Boat Launch off Lumpkin Road, Oroville, CA. Let me know if you have any inclination to visit! :hugs

part of free range area.jpg

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: