1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5-month-old Partridge Rock rooster - FREE

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by HennaRose, Sep 23, 2015.

1. HennaRose

HennaRose Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2014
    Florida
    UPDATE:
    Elmo has found a new home.

UPDATED:

Elmo the Partridge Rock was hatched 8/10/15 from MyPetChicken. Elmo was a surprise chick in a hatchery order. By "surprise" I mean that I didn't purchase him; he accidentally got sorted into my box and I couldn't send him back. By the time he was one week old I was pretty sure he was a boy and knew I'd have to rehome him eventually.

He's almost 20 weeks old now and has found his big boy voice. He's quiet during the day, but nothing shatters sleeping suburban silence like a rooster crowing at the neighbor's porch lights at 5:45 am! I've been bringing him in at night so his crowing doesn't wake the neighbors at an unreasonable hour every morning, but it's stressful for him, me, and my family - he still wakes US up at 6 am crowing from the brooder in the garage! He would be much happier, I think, in a place where he can live outside and crow like a rooster is supposed to.

He's also started trying to mate with my girls, but the girls his age aren't ready yet and the big girls won't tolerate him, so he's a fairly frustrated roo, poor guy. He'd probably make some pretty chicks. He has been raised on fermented Scratch and Peck organic soy- and corn-free feed, veggie scraps, and whatever foraging he can find in the yard. His feathers are smooth and shiny, he's never been sick and he's parasite-free.

Send me a PM if you're interested. I'm not interested in a trade, I already have enough chickens. I live in Manatee County, Florida and am willing to meet for pickup as far Zephyrhills.

Mods, please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum! When I first posted it he was only 6 weeks old.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
  2. showinbirds

showinbirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    COLUMBUS, KS
    good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by