5 Month Old Splash Silkie... Boy or Girl??

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chickie Mamma, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Hello, "Splashy" is now 5 months old and has not crowed yet nor laid an egg. Any ideas on its gender??

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    Looks like a pullet to me.

ETA: a very pretty pullet, BTW!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
  3. fshinggrl

fshinggrl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2009
    the edge of insanity
    She's gorgeous!

4. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    REALLY??? For once, I wanted a splash roo [​IMG]

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Oh thats a bummer huh? I guess I could help you out and take that gorgeous little girl off your hands! Seeing as I have 2 Lav roo's that need silkie girlfriends..LOL she is pretty ...I have 3 gorgeous roos white-black and buff 5 months old boys! want one? we can trade!!!

6. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    congrats it's a girl

7. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    Quote:I need a white roo for "gerrri". I posted pics of her to hear some criticism.. Check her out when you get a chance! I need a roo "stud" service.. [​IMG] If you were only closer!!!!

8. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:I need a white roo for "gerrri". I posted pics of her to hear some criticism.. Check her out when you get a chance! I need a roo "stud" service.. [​IMG] If you were only closer!!!!

you would love my white roo he is gorgeous and has all the bells and whistles! his only fault is his red waddles and comb-not mullberry-but his top notch is huge and he is so white even in dirt bathes....Il take a picture when I get DH camera!!! just to make you [​IMG]..he is a sweety too--I am so bummed you are not closer!

9. Chickie Mamma

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT

you would love my white roo he is gorgeous and has all the bells and whistles! his only fault is his red waddles and comb-not mullberry-but his top notch is huge and he is so white even in dirt bathes....Il take a picture when I get DH camera!!! just to make you [​IMG]..he is a sweety too--I am so bummed you are not closer!

WOW [​IMG] He knows how to use bells and whistles?? [​IMG]

Sorry, I couldn't help myself!! [​IMG]

10. babymakes6

babymakes6 Gifted

Feb 24, 2009
    far west Ohio
    That is just like me-I wanted a blue roo, so I went and picked out too gorgeous blue birds on Saturday. The darkest one especially looked like a male. I trimmed around their eyes so they could see today, and now I am positive they are both girls [​IMG] Oh well, I guess I will get my roo sometime!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by