5 month old white leghorn

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by avess, Apr 18, 2017.

1. avess

avess Just Hatched

Apr 18, 2017
    Rayville
    I have several 5 month old white leghorns who's combs are not very big and they are not laying eggs. I've been free ranging as well as feeding grower and oyster shell. Any advice on what I could change? [​IMG]

2. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Sorry, but That's not a white leghorn.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  3. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    That should be sufficient diet. Not laying by 5 months isn't unusual. Give them another month.....

4. avess

avess Just Hatched

Apr 18, 2017
    Rayville
    What is it? I bought 10 white leghorns from Hoover hatchery. Soo..any idea on what they sent me?

5. avess

avess Just Hatched

Apr 18, 2017
    Rayville
    [​IMG]
    Here's another pic of them.

6. avess

avess Just Hatched

Apr 18, 2017
    Rayville
    [​IMG]

7. PD-Riverman

PD-Riverman Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2012
    Conway SC
    Other breeds it can be but not White Leghorns. Maybe Rhode Island White? Or others

[​IMG]

8. avess

avess Just Hatched

Apr 18, 2017
    Rayville
    Well that sucks. Thank you for telling me tho!

9. SueT

SueT Overrun With Chickens

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Btw, welcome to BYC. You can find all kinds of help in the Learning Center and forums covering just about any questions you may have.
    I don't know if your pullets are leghorns or not, but they are lovely, and the combs will probably grow larger and they will turn red when they are close to laying. I have brown leghorn chicks and they are slender like yours.
    Good luck!

1 person likes this.
  10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under avess [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry, I am not familiar with white Leghorns or otherwise. However, I did just want to say that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by