5 month old white leghorn

G’Day from down under avess  :frow  Welcome!

Sorry, I am not familiar with white Leghorns or otherwise.  However, I did just want to say that I hope you enjoy being a BYC member.  There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. 

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place.  BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)
Thank you very much! I will do that! I'm still trying to figure out the site
1f60a.png

Avess, if you ordered White Leghorns, then that is probably what they sent. Hoover is a reputable hatchery-- they are certified mycoplasma free and I think they would take care with the accuracy their orders. I took a look at their white leghorn pic, and it looks like yours to me.

Avess, if you ordered White Leghorns, then that is probably what they sent. Hoover is a reputable hatchery-- they are certified mycoplasma free and I think they would take care with the accuracy their orders. I took a look at their white leghorn pic, and it looks like yours to me.
Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate your help! I wonder why they have small combs compared to others

well they are only 5 mo. old....do you mean some of yours have big combs and some don't?
btw, You're in Rayville....if that's Rayville MO, there's a MO thread...https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/73271/calling-any-one-from-missouri

White leghorns are usually laying by 5 months---even earlier. Hens combs are already flop at 5 months. Pullets combs are big at 3 months so big some think that they are roosters. If the pic posted from hover is of their white leghorns---they got their own breed. Look at most all the other hatcheries. I have raised 100's of them. Never seen a small comb 5 month old white leghorn pullet.

You can also post your photos at "What breed or gender is this?" I have always heard that white leghorns have BIG combs, both genders -
hu.gif
welcome-byc.gif

When I said "others" I was meaning other chickens we call white leghorns. All of mine have the small comb

Back
Top Bottom