5 months D’uccle Coccidia or Marek ? Please help

The permethrin should work rather quickly. That is a heavy infestation. Poor thing should hopefully feel better. Do you see any of the lice eggs at the base of the feathers on her or the others?
Yes, that is lice. The eggs are seen in the last photo. There is another very good product called Elector PSP that is really good and goes a long way, but is rather pricey. Here is some info about it:
https://www.drugs.com/vet/elector-psp-premise-insect-control-agent.html
https://www.amazon.com/Elanco-Elector-Psp-Premise-Spray/dp/B0042L8S7A
Here is a video. It was difficult to handle the phone and her so I apologize for the quality.

Yes, that is lice. The eggs are seen in the last photo. There is another very good product called Elector PSP that is really good and goes a long way, but is rather pricey. Here is some info about it:
https://www.drugs.com/vet/elector-psp-premise-insect-control-agent.html
https://www.amazon.com/Elanco-Elector-Psp-Premise-Spray/dp/B0042L8S7A
Since I spray all of them already with Permethrin do I need to use Elector PSP as well? Is t
Is the video after her bath and treatment? Hopefully, she will feel more comfortable getting rid of those lice.
Yes after. She ate a little bit last night and drank water on her own. This morning she ate and drank again on her own. I feel that she might need NutriDrench but since I’m also treating for Coccidia as well I cannot give it to her.
She’s still having trouble standing up. She is feeling better. Now I’m dealing with this:

Attachments

• 28ACCDA8-444B-48A5-A858-713471E0FA4D.jpeg
    28ACCDA8-444B-48A5-A858-713471E0FA4D.jpeg
    328.6 KB · Views: 11
  • E4EE4C8C-89A1-43AE-9248-F3184DBC03EE.jpeg
    E4EE4C8C-89A1-43AE-9248-F3184DBC03EE.jpeg
    331 KB · Views: 11
Is that crust on her face from scratching? The permethrin should be good for 10 days, unless it was washed off. I just suggested the Elector PSP in case the permethrin isn’t doing the job. Permethrin is much less expensive to use. One extra dose of the NutriDrench should not hurt her. Corid works as a thiamine inhibitor, so that is why we don’t recommended it. But if you think she needs the extra boost, go ahead. You can also switch to Pedialyte or a little Gatorade for electrolytes only.

Is that crust on her face from scratching? The permethrin should be good for 10 days, unless it was washed off. I just suggested the Elector PSP in case the permethrin isn’t doing the job. Permethrin is much less expensive to use. One extra dose of the NutriDrench should not hurt her. Corid works as a thiamine inhibitor, so that is why we don’t recommended it. But if you think she needs the extra boost, go ahead. You can also switch to Pedialyte or a little Gatorade for electrolytes only.
I applied it again after the bath. I don’t think she’s scratching my older pullets have Fowl Pox. 🤦‍♀️I think it’s Fowl Pox and it’s right on her eye lid. I’ve been treating them with Iodine and Neosporin If the bugs persist I will use the Elector. I have a real animal hospital here .. My Mini horse had her annual shots and now she has diarrhea ( bad reaction to them) my 13 year old Collie decided to join in on the diarrhea but in the house and then he fell in it....😂

Oh, well fowl pox can make her feel worse. Many people use Triple Antibiotic Ointment or Terramycin Eye Ointment in the eyes when fowl pox lesions are around eyes. There is no treatment for fowl pox virus, but it should run it’s course over 3 weeks. Some chickens may develop the wet form where there are yellow lesions inside the beak, throat, trachea, and esophagus. Just watch out for that since it is more serious.

Oh, well fowl pox can make her feel worse. Many people use Triple Antibiotic Ointment or Terramycin Eye Ointment in the eyes when fowl pox lesions are around eyes. There is no treatment for fowl pox virus, but it should run it’s course over 3 weeks. Some chickens may develop the wet form where there are yellow lesions inside the beak, throat, trachea, and esophagus. Just watch out for that since it is more serious.
I was just going through the Fowl Pox posts. I’m treating them with Iodine and Neosporine. Some just started laying again and some are molting so now on top of it they have the Pox 😩

Some of our other chicken friends have had to deal with pox, and they have more worm problems with the warm wet weather. You really don’t need to treat the pox scabs, since handling them can spead the virus to others. But some do use betadine to help dry them out. Shed scabs when healing is something that can become powder and inhaled, which can keep it spreading through a flock. Just molting without all of the other problems can be a big stress on chickens.

Back
Top Bottom