5 months old STIll DONT KNOW WHAT SHE IS!!!!HELP! lots of pics

bossynbella

Songster
12 Years
Aug 11, 2007
Iowa
This is our mystery chicken she came with our ornamental layers from Mcmurray last June she was 5 mths old yesterday. I have no idea what she could be. She is very flighty we have not been able to catch her since we put her out with the other chickens. She will even stay out of the coop some nights. So the pictures are not as good as they could be.

dontknowwhatitis5mths.jpg

This is her this morning.

dontknowandSLcochinbuckbeak5mths.jpg

Here she is with Buckbeak our Silver laced Cochin. for size comparison

whatkindandSam3mths.jpg

This was what she looked like at 3mths

Whatkind3mths.jpg

again at 3mths

SPHamburgmaybe.jpg

She is the middle one in this pic also at 3mths

Last2mysterychicksspecklesnwhite-1.jpg

The back one is her as a day old chick.

Thank you for any help I will probably sell her and need to know what she is first.

Quote:
She's the right size and shape, but her earlobes look red... are they? Hamburgs have white earlobes.

Hence the caveat
Quote:
Modern game was going to be my other guess, but the comb is throwing me off.

Last edited by a moderator:
and she probably lays beautiful rare speckled purple eggs, and you will never find them because she is an escape artist like a few of mine....
he.gif

Just thumbed through my McMurray catalog, and gold-penciled hamburg looks like the only thing close to her. Can you describe her coloring? It's hard to see very clearly in those pictures.

For her to have red earlobes tho..... seems like she'd have to be a cross with something, not pure hamburg.

Her earlobes don't seem to be white. Yes she does have something other then a single comb. I did think Gold penciled hamburg at first but looking at feathersite she looked more like a gold spangled. Yet mcmurray doesn't carry those. NEver thought to look at the ear lobes. Someone said before a redcap but she doesn't have the huge comb it really does look small.
I don't think she is a bantam she is about the size of my WFBS pullets

She has like a dark goldish red color with black Lacing. Her neck feathers are a little bit lighter gold still with some black. She looks pretty in the sunlight just wish she wasn't so antisocial.

Keep the ideas coming.
Melissa

Back
Top Bottom