5 months old STIll DONT KNOW WHAT SHE IS!!!!HELP! lots of pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bossynbella, Nov 3, 2008.

1. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    This is our mystery chicken she came with our ornamental layers from Mcmurray last June she was 5 mths old yesterday. I have no idea what she could be. She is very flighty we have not been able to catch her since we put her out with the other chickens. She will even stay out of the coop some nights. So the pictures are not as good as they could be.

[​IMG]
    This is her this morning.

[​IMG]
    Here she is with Buckbeak our Silver laced Cochin. for size comparison

[​IMG]
    This was what she looked like at 3mths

[​IMG]
    again at 3mths

[​IMG]
    She is the middle one in this pic also at 3mths

[​IMG]
    The back one is her as a day old chick.

Thank you for any help I will probably sell her and need to know what she is first.

2. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Is she rosecombed?

Edited cause I can't read. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  3. cluckychick

cluckychick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2008
    South of KCMO
    looks like a OEGB?? I'm not real good at this but I had one that looked similiar and that's what people told me he was. [​IMG]

4. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    She looks like a Golden Game Bantam. But not sure new to this breed 1 day [​IMG]
    good luck.

5. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Okay, after looking at McMurray's "rare breeds" she is likely a bad representation of a gold penciled hamburg.

6. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Quote:She's the right size and shape, but her earlobes look red... are they? Hamburgs have white earlobes.

7. Cuban Longtails

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Quote:She's the right size and shape, but her earlobes look red... are they? Hamburgs have white earlobes.

Hence the caveat
    Quote:Modern game was going to be my other guess, but the comb is throwing me off.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2008
  8. whatsup chickenbutt

whatsup chickenbutt Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    and she probably lays beautiful rare speckled purple eggs, and you will never find them because she is an escape artist like a few of mine.... [​IMG]

9. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    Just thumbed through my McMurray catalog, and gold-penciled hamburg looks like the only thing close to her. Can you describe her coloring? It's hard to see very clearly in those pictures.

For her to have red earlobes tho..... seems like she'd have to be a cross with something, not pure hamburg.

10. bossynbella

bossynbella Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 11, 2007
    Iowa
    Her earlobes don't seem to be white. Yes she does have something other then a single comb. I did think Gold penciled hamburg at first but looking at feathersite she looked more like a gold spangled. Yet mcmurray doesn't carry those. NEver thought to look at the ear lobes. Someone said before a redcap but she doesn't have the huge comb it really does look small.
    I don't think she is a bantam she is about the size of my WFBS pullets

She has like a dark goldish red color with black Lacing. Her neck feathers are a little bit lighter gold still with some black. She looks pretty in the sunlight just wish she wasn't so antisocial.

Keep the ideas coming.
    Melissa

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by