5 new silkie babies (Updated with Pics)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marie_martin, Jun 14, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    My broody hatched out 5 new silkie babies today. We are leaving on vacation in the morning. Boy am I nervous about leaving them. I have her in a separate little coop with them so they can just stay in there until we get back. It has lots of ventilation and I think she will be fine. My MIL is going to check on everyone. I will try to get pics and post them when I get back. Just wanted to update. I also moved my one little serama baby out there with them. It is 4 days olld and is still smaller than the newborn silkies. Very funny. But all seems to be going well. Have a great week.

Marie

Edited to add pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Can you pick out the 4 day old serama among the newborn silkies? He is still smaller than them. Too funny.

Marie

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Great! Have a great vacation, Marie.

My bator will be ready for silkie eggs in a couple of weeks...I'll be back in touch!

3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Ok Judy. Just let me know when you are ready.

Marie

4. tazzy

tazzy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2008
    Kentucky
    oh, so cute!!!!!!!!!!! congratulations!

5. hippichick

hippichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Branch, La
    Doesn't it make you crazy to leave all the chickies to go on vacation? I left for a few days last week, and had to leave my mom in charge. And I had chicks due to hatch in the incubator while I was gone. Of course, she had a better hatch than I ever do. [​IMG] Could it be because she kept her hands off of the bator? I wonder.........

Anyway, have a great vacation! And don't worry too much......Easier said than done, right?

6. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Yes, easier said than done. Thanks.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by