5 silkie chicks in VA or PA SOLD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by meriruka, Sep 29, 2008.

1. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    I have 2 gray, two black and one mixed colored silkies just hatched this weekend. I'll trade for a young Buff Orp pair or $10.00 for all chicks, (but maybe free) to a good home.
    I'm between Lynchburg & Danville in VA, but I do travel up Rte. 81 to PA (Allentown) frequently. I'll try to get a pic up later today......

Thanks!

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    If you dont have much luck selling them bring them to the farmville, va swap meet at the TSC on the 18th of october!

Brandon

3. meriruka

Oct 18, 2007
    I would, but I don't have any way to keep them warm......

4. ParkerVA

ParkerVA Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Blue Ridge, VA
    Would love to see pics... Where did you get them?

5. meriruka

Oct 18, 2007
    Here's a pic... Not great but.....
    [​IMG]

Actually, three of my silkies took turns sitting on these....tag team brooding.

6. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I'm interested. Big-time. Need a companion for a lone chick [she's three weeks old, but her old companion was scrawny].. Ever think of coming to MD?

7. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

You can always keep them warm with hand warmers or feet warmers from the walmart or sporting goods area. Put a towel or something over them so it does not burn them and voila you have a portable warmer! Put them in a small box so their heat stays in a concentrated area.

8. Puddle Foot Farm

Puddle Foot Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Maryland
    I just checked, and if you do want to sell them to me [which would be much appreciated, I'd be keeping three and two would go to the lone chick], we could drive up to Hagerstown and meet you, maybe? That's where Route 81 goes through in MD, so..
    PM me or post here. I'm reeeally interested, and if you want a Welsummer rooster by any chance, we can give you one. [​IMG]

9. meriruka

Oct 18, 2007
    Quote:If you're anywhere along Rte 81, I'll be coming up there this week......

10. meriruka

Oct 18, 2007
    Sorry, slow typist here.....
    Yes, I go through Hagerstown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by