5 Silkies for sale ~ Porto/IndigoEgg line (WNC) (pics added)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by asher, Sep 11, 2008.

1. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I hate to do this and wouldn't if I didn't need to, but money is more than tight right now. I have these beautiful silkies, hatched out at the end of July. They are growing in lovely crests and just beautiful. I think they are three black and two light blue, but I may be mistaken. Originally I thought they were dark blue and light blue, but some may call it splash. I think they are light blue, almost self blue, though.

I paid $40 for the eggs alone and this is what I got out of them. I want to sell them all together. Asking $75 for them. They are outside, off a light, still on chick starter, but on the ground and lovely. Can take a pic later, but it's raining so they'll look silly.

Time is of the essence as I will start working for a week straight Saturday and need the money for gas before then. Pick up only for local as I don't have gas money to meet with them anywhere. Cash only. OR if you need them shipped, you'll need to pay shipping + box fee (be aware shipping will be around $35-40 and box fee of $10) and pay via Pay Pal (instant or credit card is fine, no e-checks, again, as I am only selling them for gas money).

(Will be listing elsewhere and possibly eggbid tonight, too, but will list them higher on eggbid.)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  2. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I would like to see pictures, I am very interested.

3. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Okay, will go snap some once the rain slows down a bit. [​IMG]

4. asher

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Here are the pics ~ it's been raining for two days so...blah. Also, they were on a wire bottom cage for about 2 weeks. I noticed some foot feathers missing, but you can see they're starting to grow back. The splash? are feathering in slower than the others, but these guys are not even 2 months, yet and have lots of those feathers starting (especially in the crest) so I think they'll be lovely. All the ones I've ever hatched from Bobbi have been. The others...the flash makes them appear blue in some pics...I so totally can't tell what they are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(They weren't cooperating very good for piccies and tot was scaring them! heh)

Last edited: Sep 11, 2008
  5. Smoky73

Smoky73 Lyon Master

Feb 8, 2007
    Colorado
    I want them, I sent you a PM.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by