5 to 6 week old Barred Plymouth Rock Chick

elphabafalls

Songster
Jul 27, 2020
The chick's name is Jude, so I'm going to use the name since I don't know if Jude is a Rooster or a Hen. When we got Jude, everything we looked at (coloring, wings and vent sexing) said female. Now, we're not so sure. I think Jude is a he. Can anyone give me their best guess please?

Attachments

• jude front.jpg
    jude front.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 38
  • jude side.jpg
    jude side.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 26
  • jude legs.jpg
    jude legs.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 26
The chick's name is Jude, so I'm going to use the name since I don't know if Jude is a Rooster or a Hen. When we got Jude, everything we looked at (coloring, wings and vent sexing) said female. Now, we're not so sure. I think Jude is a he. Can anyone give me their best guess please?
Ok - the reason I commented 'fart' to my first reply on this thread is because Jude was one of my first 2 chicks. He is sweet and amazing and gorgeous, but we're not looking to keep roosters because we live in a suburban neighborhood. One of the neighbors close by already has a rooster that crows all day. We don't want to add to the noise. Plus, we don't want chicks - only eggs. We'd committed to rehoming any males, but now we can't bear to part with Jude. I said 'fart' because I don't want to lose this beautiful baby.

Back
Top Bottom