5 Tray Hatching Egg Incubator should I buy it???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pax12, Jan 1, 2010.

1. pax12

pax12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    http://cgi.ebay.com/5-Tray-Hatching-Egg-Incubator_W0QQitemZ280409496967QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item4149b55d87

Renegade
    Ridge Farm
    offers its built, tried and proven
    5 Tray Poultry Egg Incubator/Hatcher

5 trays allow you to eliminate all those Styrofoam incubators that you have sitting all around your house.

250 watt heating element and wafer thermostat. Electronic thermostat avail. Standard automatic egg turners fit right in.

Built by a carpenter/ industrial maintenance technitian with over 20 years experience.

I started raising different birds a few years ago and I always seemed to run into roadblocks. When I was trying to do some research as to the housing requirements I gathered what information I could. Then through trial and error I have come up with some plans that really helped me to raise and take care of my birds in the most efficient, space saving, and simplest methods that I could come up with. I try to keep my chores aggravation free, and try to make them as simple and easy to do as possible. We all know, if it's aggravating or time consuming we don't want to do it. When it came to incubators, it was styrofoam or go to the bank and take out a loan. Well with this unit, if you were like me, you probably already have the egg turners. The unit comes with a cd that shows how to set up the unit and also contains simple directions on how to make simple fixed trays for hatching.

2. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    I think it looks good.
    Have you asked any questions yet like how do you add humidity, where are the vents and how many. Also how can you put automatic turners in and the heat not go out the hole that the plugs need to thread through?

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Renegade...is a BYC member...and from what I remember there are posts here somewhere about how it runs...etc...maybe do a search or talk with him/her....Good luck!

4. pax12

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    thanks and i found out how it works

5. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    Don't get it! [​IMG] You'll never stop hatching!

Give it to me, instead! [​IMG]

6. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    [​IMG]

7. pax12

Feb 7, 2008
    PA
    lol [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by