1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 week old Austrolorp chicks...gender guesses!?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Alex15, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Alex15

Alex15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    These are my two little austrolorps. I keep changing my mind back and forth from them being roos, then hens and now maybe one of each? They're combs arent too huge but have been pink for a while (were never yellow like I've seen on some hens, but they havent neccesarily gotten darker). I just noticed last night, while taking the photos that one seems to have shinier and pointier feathers which indicated roo right? I hope not. But heres some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. missnu01

missnu01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 16, 2012
    The bottom pic looks to me like it very well might be a male...the other I can't tell. I can only tell by the comb. If it's red already it is a boy...orange is fine, peach colored is fine...pink or red for me so far have meant boys.

3. Alex15

Alex15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, combs on both chicks are a light pinkish colour. Dear oh dear. If it helps I took a close up head shot of each chick last night:\

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by