5 week old first night in the coop

frizzleman74

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 10, 2010
Fairfield County
65169_p1020867.jpg

I'm praying they'll do alright, today it was 80 degrees outside, they have their 3 big girl silkie friends in the coop with them!

Aaaaww! They look alot like my group! I put them out at about five and a half weeks, and it immediately got pretty cold. They did very well, and I'm sure yours will too! They look happily perched!

I always tell people to watch the birds. They speak to you thru their actions. The birds are telling you they are very contented on their roost in their new digs. I see contented chickens that will do just fine tonight.

So cute!

Nothing beats MY contentment when I peek into my girls' coop at night and see them all roosting in a row
big_smile.png

fully feathered and 80*...they will do perfectly. I turned the heat off my girls at 2 days old actually, it was this summer when it was so hot...they did great, they haven't had added heat or light since. It is now 20* at night, and they are 26 weeks...3 are 17 weeks...all doing great!

went down this morning to check on them and they were all up and happy! yayyy!
ya.gif
they're out in their run now, so hopefully it wont get too cold for them this week, i dont feel its necessary to put a source of heat in the coop.

Back
Top Bottom