1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 week old guinea keet doesn't walk right

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by cowgirl55, Nov 5, 2013.

1. cowgirl55

cowgirl55 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2013
    Conway MO
    She is the sole survivor of 4 eggs hatched by one of my hens that rejected all of them right away. Unfortunately, the dog found the other keets before I did. I have not raised guinea before, so I have nothing to compare her to. She is being raised in a cage with a light and 3 baby chicks for company. She is eating and drinking. The last week or so I noticed she is not "getting around" as well as she was. It appears her legs are becoming splayed. But, she isn't weak, her eyes are clear, and the chicks with her are fine. Any comments or suggestions on what may be ailing her would be greatly appreciated. I will be treating her myself. Thanks for looking!

2. fried green eggs

fried green eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    S.E. Michigan
  3. cowgirl55

cowgirl55 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 29, 2013
    Conway MO
    Thank you so much. This article will be very helpful. It sounds like she does have Splayed Leg.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by