5 Week Update/New Duck Pen w/ Lots of pictures

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by SDChef, May 31, 2010.

1. SDChef

SDChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Hey everyone, so I finished the new duck pen where they will be spending the nights. It currently only has on dog house but I plan on getting at least one more. They are all 5 weeks today and getting HUGE!!! (I know I say that every time)...... Anyways hope you like the new setup!

Here is the front view of the pen
    [​IMG]

Here is it attached to the chicken coop, the pen ends where the white wall ends
    [​IMG]

Here they all are, halfway grown up! (thank god)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BTW, Everything is made from recycled materials except for the chicken wire which was left over from the chickens coop.

Last edited: May 31, 2010
  2. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

thats pretty neat! good job. I was thinking about using the trellis like that to make my next tractor out of...I have 2 good sized pieces of it and was wondering about doing the sides of a tractor with it. I only worry with wood, i'd have to paint both sides or seal it so it won't rot from water and poo.

how is it holding up?

3. SDChef

SDChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2010
    Well I only built the pen today. There is also chicken wire backing it the trellis, otherwise i'm not sure it would be strong enough. This just gives the 2 flocks a bit of privacy.

4. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Hey, that is totally cool! And it looks roomy to, lucky little flock. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by