5 weeks old anyone know what she is yet

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by sheila3935, Sep 6, 2010.

1. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    This is princess she is 5 weeks old now. I posted when she was younger and no one seems to know what she might be. She is white with black marking and almost pink looking legs In this pic her comb looks really pink but its really beige must have been the lighting
    [​IMG]
    also I just got this barnyard mix yesterday and discovered she has 5 toes on one foot and four on the other you cant see in this pic I will try later to get one showing her feet
    [​IMG]

2. TheMainException

TheMainException Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Lebanon, PA
    When the little one gets a bit older, check out the feet some more. I found a few of mine that had their extra toe grow with their back toe. I could see it was mildly deformed with an extra toenail, that's how I knew it was there.

3. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    Thats where hers is and has toenail too. Is it because she is a mix? will it bother her in any way. She doesnt seem to be having any problems now she seems really healthy. And I keep saying she cause I am hoping. [​IMG]

4. TheMainException

TheMainException Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2010
    Lebanon, PA
    It could be, I'm not completely sure. All of mine are mixes and of the four that have five toes, two had one less toe on the one foot. My run around just as happy as everyone else and have never shown signs of discomfort.

5. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    The white pullet looks like a delaware. If her legs yellow up you'll know for sure. The mix has that extra toe because somewhere in it's lineage is a silkie or faverolle or some other 5-toed breed. Nothing to worry about. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by