1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

5 white silkies

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kzhefley, May 18, 2016.

1. kzhefley

kzhefley Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2016
    I Have 5 white silkies about 4 months old. Any guesses on sex? I'm hoping for 2 or 3 pullets. #1 has a noticble comb so I figured roo. The others don't. #1 also has very noticble streamers.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  2. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    I'm not the greatest at Silkies, but none of them look like obvious males to me.

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    It's hard to tell. I would repost pics in another month or so. I could see it go either way.

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It would help if they were cleaned up, their crests are so messy, can't tell if they have full crests like females, or pushed back like males (due to larger comb forming)

5. aleigh

aleigh Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2016
    I'm wondering about mine as well.

6. kzhefley

kzhefley Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2016
    Ill be sure tobpost pictures later on when older. #4 and #5 are pretty poofy crests more so than the others but like I said only one showing a comb in person has me thrown. Only time will tell. Its just so hard to wait on the first crows and eggs lol

7. junebuggena

junebuggena Chicken Obsessed

Apr 17, 2015
    Long Beach, WA
    Considering that some of those are beardless and/or clean legged, I doubt that going off of the crest shape is going to be accurate.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by