****5 wks old and resistance is futile..pics..***

Now that is a pretty pic. wish my girl was like that with the chicks. She is a Black Lab and only a little over 4 mo. old. Pretty dog and cute chicks.
jumpy.gif
D.gif

Thank you all. She is a very special dog and I love her very much. She's what they call a 'pet quality' rough coat collie (like Lassie, just a different color). Collies can have trouble with their eyes and she has that gene so no breeding. Its such a shame though, she's so smart and so sweet; very intuative. She's the perfect watcher for my little backyard flock. I don't know what she'll do when we move 17 to the bay property where they'll join 9 black sex links. She'll probably walk the perimiter looking for them, just like she does the interior of the house when she thinks DH should be home and the truck's not back yet...

Last year, I had my little chicks in with our rabbit - they would sit on her like they are your dog. It was too cute!

That is adorable! My chicks like to try to sit on top of my mini doxie when he's sleeping. I think they like the soft feel of his fur between their toes (He's a long hair). He usually doesn't wake up, and they don't sit for long (so much to explore and get into you know). I had a little Marans mix named Ellie running all over my bed the other day, it was so cute. She snuggled with me for awhile before deciding that it was time to go back to her brooder. Well, the dog was laying between me and the brooder which is at the foot of the bed. So she starts walking across the bed to get to the brooder, walks over the dog, stops, does an about face, and goes back and climbs back on top of him and just sat there. He didn't wake up for a few minutes, but when he did, he didn't flinch or anything. He just looked at me like "There's another one on my back, isn't there mom?" Once he woke up and Ellie sensed it, she hopped down and went to her brooder. I really think she liked the soft feeling of his fur between her toes, lol. I have chickens and other chicks that will try to snuggle up next to the dogs. My chihuahuas want nothing to do with them. They have had their eyes pecked at and they learned that chickens are dangerous, lol. My pomeranian is a grumpy old woman and they just avoid her, but they just love my mini doxie. He plays tag with them, and he'll chase them, and then stop and wait for them to come after him. Only my BR pullet Hope will happily chase him back. He loves being chased. He just has to be reminded not to grab them when he's playing tag, lol. I'd love to see a pick of all 5 on your dog's back, that would be adorable!

I never thought about it before, but mine usually like the hind end area of Patsy, where the hair is the thickest and longest. I think you're right about they must like the feeling of the fur. Isn't it nice where everybody just gets along!!!

Back
Top Bottom