5 y/o baby chick thriving, active, but not eating! HELP ASAP

lisamuller

In the Brooder
May 17, 2020
My baby chick hatched out for about 4-5 days ago! Everything seemed normal, she was active, walking on her own, fluffed up, nothing absolutely nothing seemed to be going wrong, at least that's what I thought. I noticed something weird though, she was pecking a lot, like the usual chicks, she didn't seem interested in food at all. I tried soo many things, I gave her a yolk boiled egg mixed w her food, and started force-feeding her, I read an article about a guy force feeding his chick and that chick actually made it in the end. I had no other choice, after a while she seemed to be getting a lot stronger because of the food I gave her. The problem was that she wouldn't eat on her own. I watched loads of yt videos on how to teach them to eat but nothing worked. She actually started pecking at the food while I was trying to teach her but didn't actually eat it. I also mixed her food w water and tried giving that to her today but she hates it, she isn't even swallowing it anymore, she liked it better mixed w the egg. I'm actually heading to the pharmacy tomorrow to get her a syringe and maybe try and feed her w that. If you have any advice please let me know. I also gave her vitamins and added sugar to her water and still nothing!

Maybe try switching to different types of food. Mine seem to prefer a certain kind of others. I just finished my chick on nutri drench. It's a pain to administer with a dropper, but it helped get my sick chick to put on some weight. My local Tractor Supply had it in the medication section.

Maybe try switching to different types of food. Mine seem to prefer a certain kind of others. I just finished my chick on nutri drench. It's a pain to administer with a dropper, but it helped get my sick chick to put on some weight. My local Tractor Supply had it in the medication section.
Yea that might be a good idea, but the thing is that she doesn't eat it, she's not interested in anything. She doesn't even let me force feed her anymore she just spits the food out.
[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom