50 gallon feeder/waterer design?

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by wwarren8200, Nov 12, 2014.

1. wwarren8200

wwarren8200 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2014
    Florence,AL
    I'd like to get some plans to build a 50 gallon feeder and water. Please inquire for more info. Thanks -Will

2. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

I don't know the exact size tub I used, but my feeder is quite larger, somewhere around 30 or so gallons...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My new water system is still being worked on, it's going to be 55 gallons of holding reserve, but it will also auto fill... No pictures of that until maybe next week when it's complete...

3. wwarren8200

Feb 2, 2014
    Florence,AL
    Thank you. Is that just straight pic pipe?

4. MeepBeep

MeepBeep Chillin' With My Peeps

They are cut down PVC drainage street elbows, see post #3 in the thread below, that is the same elbow I used and exactly how I cut the elbows for my feeder... I didn't put the ring on the outside though, I drilled a 4" hole and used a heat gun to heat up the tub and force the slightly larger elbow through the softened plastic tub, it holds tight as is and doesn't move...

i think if you go through that thread you will even get the exact part number for the elbow, both Menards and Lowes by me carry it...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6607455/

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  5. wwarren8200

Feb 2, 2014
    Florence,AL
    Thank you! I'm looking forward to seeing the waterer

6. RonP

RonP Chillin' With My Peeps

X2

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by