50 shades of grey!!! Looking for help - breed and gender :-)

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Rebecca in FL, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Rebecca in FL

Rebecca in FL Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2013
    I received some chicks from someone, I know the littlest is a Silkie - five toes :)

It's the three shades of grey - a bigger almost white, a mid tone and one is darker grey.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Rebecca in FL

Rebecca in FL Out Of The Brooder

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

3. Veer67

Veer67 Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. smitty775

smitty775 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 19, 2013
    Cedartown, Georgia
    [​IMG].
    What breed is this??? I think it is a roo

5. Veer67

I would suggest creating your own thread because going back and forth to answer different questions from different people can get confusing. Also post pictures of the comb and side when you do create a thread, he/she could also be too young to be properly sexed yet.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  6. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    I agree with Veer, it's best to create your own thread. Based on what you have so far, I can't tell breed or sex. You might want to wait until the chick is older, and refer to the photo guidelines for this section (a thread in a box at the top of the forum near the "new post" button) for when you take the pics.

7. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    what type of combs do they have?

8. WalkingOnSunshine

WalkingOnSunshine Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2008
    Ohio
    I don't think they are Andalusians. They just don't look quite right to me, and they're missing the white earlobes, although they are still young. Knowing what type of comb they have would help.

9. ramirezframing

ramirezframing Overrun With Chickens

Mar 2, 2011
    Knee Deep
    The white earlobes develop with time, as the bird gets closer to maturity, the earlobes start to turn white.

10. Veer67

x2, at that age my Blue Andalusian still had pinkish earlobes. Now at about 3 months of age she still has pink earlobes but they are slowly turning whiter.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by