5000 members......WOW!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by lurky, Nov 20, 2007.

1. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I cant be the only one that noticed how close BYC is to 5000. I am wondering when it started? I think its alot of chicken people and i never would have realized that this was such a popular pet [​IMG]

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I'll bet it gets more popular as time goes by! I'm the only one in my neighborhood who has chickens. I'm wondering when that will change, with other people getting chickens, I mean. [​IMG]

3. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    It looks like it'll hit 5000 by thanksgiving at the rate the numbers are growing.

4. ozark hen

ozark hen Living My Dream

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    that is a commendation to our byc staff [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] good job

5. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Do you know when it started? That pretty amazing to have such high numbers in what i think to be a very short time.

6. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    [​IMG]

7. bantymum

bantymum Chillin' With My Peeps

My thoughts exactly, ive been watching the numbers daily as well!! we'll have to have a big party!!
    Im sure the sponsors will be very happy too!!! soon there will be other companies fighting to get their feet in the door! Thankyou to our existing loyal sponsors!!!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2007
  8. ozark hen

Apr 4, 2007
    Mansfield, MO
    wish we had some "fireworks" smilies or lots of animated baloons or something. [​IMG]

9. LittleChickenRacingTeam

LittleChickenRacingTeam On vacation

Jan 11, 2007
    Ontario, CANADA
    lurky wrote...Do you know when it started?

BYC the web site was established in 1999

The current version of the message board was born Dec 26, 2006 since that is Nifty Chicken's registration date. I think the official launch of the message board was early Jan. 2007. That's when I signed up, although I have been a member at the old BYC site since 2003.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by