Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Sonia, May 26, 2008.

1. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    S P O I L E D ! [​IMG] Did you start out holding her? (Like who wouldn't) Guess she just loves her "mommy" alot!

3. Kessidy

Kessidy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2008
    I have a baby that is that way and I know she is just spoiled rotten. I love her to pieces and hold her all the time. I am not sure what the answer is with yours, but could very well be spoiled.

4. Sonia

Sonia Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2008
    SE Oklahoma

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  5. kees

kees Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2008
    Children can be spoiled and raise heck, but chickens...nah![​IMG]

6. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    Oohhhhh yes.

I have some that act like that which have not been spoiled, too, though so it may just be personality.

7. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Yep...*BOTH* new pullets. From day 1. Literally! [​IMG]

8. chicknhawaii

chicknhawaii Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Honolulu, HI
    Yep...*BOTH* new pullets. From day 1. Literally! [​IMG]

Edit: OOOOPS didn't mean to post twice...

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  9. ZooMummzy

ZooMummzy Queen of the Zoo

Mar 31, 2008
    Philomath, Oregon
    Quote:Yep, going through the same thing right now. Penny, my new 1 week old Ameraucana, is so spoiled and so out of control I'm going crazy, lol. The minute I leave the room she starts cheeping so loud you can hear her out in the backyard with the windows closed! She is only quiet and happy when she is out of the brooder. In fact, that is why I'm still on the computer...trying to put her to sleep!

I didn't spoil her myself, though I have been known to spoil a chick or two, lol, I got her this way Saturday. She started this the minute I put her in the box at the feed store! I've been trying the "let her cry" method, but I can only take it for so long, lol just like with my kids when they were babies. My husband says I should make a baby sling for my chick [​IMG]

10. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Spoiled! That is okay. My SLW started that in the box at the feed store too.

Let me warn you of the upcoming transitions...first it is the cheep cheep and then it tries to fly up to you as demonstrated by my spoiled girl at about 4 days old...

[​IMG]

Then it is hopping on your hand when it goes in the brooder, then flying up to the side of the brooder, then flying out of the brooder onto you and then out the brooder and out the front door to stalk you...

It will stalk you everywhere...

[​IMG]

Next thing you know, it is going to school with the kid, riding in your lap and on the center console of the van to go get coffee and demanding boiled eggs.

Sorry, it is all over fo you now. [​IMG]

Enjoy the little spoiled thing.

Last edited: May 27, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by