59 day old bantam rooster mates on hand

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by peanutfeather, Aug 3, 2014.

1. peanutfeather

peanutfeather Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2014
    Ok so my bantam rooster is now 59 days old (8 weeks 4 days) and, i know it sounds weird, but he mates on my hand. [​IMG] and the stuff comes out too it's so NASTY!!!!
    He prefers the back of my hand tho.

So we hatched out this rooster so I have been with him his whole life, he's pretty close to me i guess. this all happened on some day when i held out my hand for no reason and all of a sudden my rooster goes on my hand and basically does what any rooster would do to a chicken. He bites my finger and holds onto it and it hurts so freakin bad i have marks left from it hahaha. then the rest goes on from there.

if you want a video just ask :)
    he's also been starting to 'dance' around older chickens just like my older rooster and a few days ago started the crowing.
    idk what to do but it's funny when my rooster does this lol. he does this to ANY hand he sees so not JUST mine. any idea what to do

2. ShockValue

ShockValue Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2010
    West Sound, Washington
    [​IMG]

3. rc4u

rc4u Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2014
    i am assuming you only let this hapen once eh?? if more maybe he thinks you like it??

4. peanutfeather

peanutfeather Out Of The Brooder

May 24, 2014
    no i do it most days because its funny

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by