5am unwanted wake ups

Isabrownies85

Hatching
Nov 17, 2018
I've got 2 Isa browns who are free range, bosses of the backyard. About 3 times a week theyll be at our back door or fly up to our bedroom window sill and make a low but loud growling gutteral noise. On other days they will make a very loud berruck crow thatll go for 15mins. There's always food out for them but they insist on these wake up calls, I'm about to have a bubba and really need to figure out how to quieten them down or they'll wake him up!

Just block them from getting to your window. Put up a fence or netting. You can't teach a chicken "No". You just have to stop them from being able to do what you're not wanting. If this is causing a family issue, perhaps building a large pen is better than free ranging. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your post, but you'll have to put up a barrier to stop them from getting to the door and windows, there's no other way. They just love you and want your attention.

I've got 2 Isa browns who are free range, bosses of the backyard. About 3 times a week theyll be at our back door or fly up to our bedroom window sill and make a low but loud growling gutteral noise. On other days they will make a very loud berruck crow thatll go for 15mins. There's always food out for them but they insist on these wake up calls, I'm about to have a bubba and really need to figure out how to quieten them down or they'll wake him up!
Yeah lock them in the coop

Back
Top Bottom