5wk old Chicks in brooder behavior

It's an individual thing, but all chicks and adult chickens nap from time to time. Baby chicks have so much energy, you may not see them grab a quick nap. But they do.
Thanks So much for the tidbit. I am with them pretty much all day, and since its raining outside and only in the low 50's, we are inside with the occasional nap, whereas, outside, they didnt seem to nap as much. I am trying to think of ways to keep them stimulated and interested. Thanks again!
🐥 ❤️

Baby chicks love toys. Use your imagination, but give them soft things to peck at that won't unravel and cause choking. I came up with a tennis ball last year with red dots drawn on it to attract their pecking interest. I also took a small block of wood and stapled ( heavy duty staples please) a piece of window caulking foam noodle and wrapped narrow strips of red duct tape on the noodle. You can see one of the chicks pecking at a piece of red duct tape I stuck to the top of their heating pad. Chicks like red.
3C4092F8-9D63-4A80-9AA1-0AF0715EF7C0.jpeg

Baby chicks love toys. Use your imagination, but give them soft things to peck at that won't unravel and cause choking. I came up with a tennis ball last year with red dots drawn on it to attract their pecking interest. I also took a small block of wood and stapled ( heavy duty staples please) a piece of window caulking foam noodle and wrapped narrow strips of red duct tape on the noodle. You can see one of the chicks pecking at a piece of red duct tape I stuck to the top of their heating pad. Chicks like red.View attachment 2695930
Its heavenly my friend
🐥 ❤️

Back
Top Bottom