1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 1/2 wk. old chicks with granddaughter PICS

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Ellie, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Ellie

Ellie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    My Granddaughter, Cassie with my chicks... need to call them pullets? today after working on their run.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Great day..... candied apples, pumpkin stew, fixing fences, and working with chickens. Gosh, I love living in the country and having grandkids!!

Ellie

Last edited: Oct 9, 2007
  2. smnytx

smnytx Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2007
    Pretty birds, and lovely granddaughter! Thanks for sharing. Sounds like you're living the good life. [​IMG]

3. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

How sweet!! Kids and pullets...candied apples...pumpkin stew....Ahhhhh, sounds like a great day! Beautifull grand daughter too!

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Tell her to keep hugging that orpie and she will be her best friend for life. I have a hen that tugs on your pants to be picked up and cuddled. Nothing better than cuddling those soft fluffy feathers. Beautiful pics!

Jody

5. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That's what I call the good life that so many people don't get to experience or even realize they are missing it. Great pics and sounds like a great day, too.[​IMG]

6. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    Thanks for the replies... Days like that make me want to retire .... alas, 5-7 years to go. I wish I could stay home and work here all day. [​IMG]

Sigh, guess I have to pay the mortgage somehow! [​IMG]

Ellie

7. Standard Hen

Standard Hen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Massachusetts
    What a wonderful day and nice pictures too. Your grandaughter is beautiful. I wish I could retire tomorrow and stay home and also. The sad part is I do not think I will ever be able to!! But I can keep dreaming!

8. Rebel Chicken

Rebel Chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

May 9, 2007
    southern Indiana
    Cute pics! It's so cute to see kids with chickens![​IMG]

9. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Cute pictures! What a beautiful girl. The orpie looks so big for 5 1/2 weeks. They're not older?

10. Ellie

Aug 10, 2007
    Redding, Ca.
    You are so right... I just counted. They were 6 1/2 weeks old. Will be 7 weeks on Wednesday. They were hatched on Aug. 22nd.

They are all so big and beautiful though. She is one of the smaller!

Ellie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by