6 1/2 wk olds are Happy Campers...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kat's Silly Chickens, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    Well we finished up our coop yesterday and wehn I went out this morning with the door closed all night it wsa nice and comfortable in there. Dark but warm. We took the 6 1/2 wk/olds [​IMG] out there this morning and they love it, more room to roam [​IMG] . Then it decided to rain more than just a sprinkle and I had to run out and shew them inside the coop and close the door off to keep them in. The roof over the run leaks a little, but it keeps most of the rain out. I checked the coop after a heavy downpour and it was dry and that's the main thing. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    It's a nice feeling knowing that they are safe and happy.

3. Kat's Silly Chickens

Kat's Silly Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2010
    South Central Texas
    [​IMG] Yes it is, we reinforced the lower section of fence on the run so no predators can get to them. They were running, jumping, and clowning around while we were finishing up the run. Then it decided to pour down rain, so I took them inside and showed them where the roost was and they stayed on roost til the storm blew over. They finally got down and checked out their new water and feeder and were acting all HAPPY... [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by