6/9 Lockdown. Anyone want to join? Trying dry hatch

debbie.george

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 29, 2011
Milan,IL
I am reposting because I didn't put a date in the heading. I have heard about alot of great hatches with this method so I am going to give it a try. Time to sit back,relax and wait.
pop.gif
Thanks

I don't go into "lockdown", when I see one start to pip I stop turning. I do that because my peafowl eggs hatch between 26-28 days, it varies. Lately it has been 26 days and that is Saturday. I have 5 eggs due. The chicks will be IB or Cameo.

I just tried ti hatch some mini silver apple ducks but none of them hatched they didn't even form. I think they were bad eggs or something. I dont know what happened.

Quote:
I know i should have just put going in the incubator. I just think of the whole shutting the incubator is lock down.

Not sure how the Calls/Black East Indie's will turn out(new to me). The air cells in them are not as pronounced as the Rouen eggs. Will just wait & see what happens! Just now checked our broody Rouen & she has a egg with a hole in it. Not supposed to hatch till Sunday or Friday.(She started setting then went off, then back on again) It's been super hot & humid here too so I don't know if that will make a difference?? Would like to get my hands on some mini silver apple duck egg to try but I haven't seen anyone around here with them.

Too chicken.....
lau.gif
to have eggs shipped just yet, but I'm not able to get what I want here for the most part. Think I'll wait a little longer. The DH says we have enough now. Maybe when I get brave
hide.gif
I'll PM you & get the info. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom