6 Baby Chickens arrived today~

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rasuka, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Rasuka

Rasuka Out Of The Brooder

I ordered my babies from MPC late January~ And they hatched on February 21st. Which was yesterday. And they came to my post office at 9AM. So I went to pick them up!
    I heard loud peeps and quiet peeps. They were all so cute!
    'Cept for one who was a bit of a loner. And she was having a bit of trouble, she wasn't eating nor drinking until my sister hand fed her water. Now she's running around~ She's the fastest runner in the whole group!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There you go!!! XD
    4 Australorps
    1 Buff Brahma
    1 White Cochin

2. featheredroots

featheredroots Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    Madisonville, KY
    [​IMG]

Wow, we may actually have related australorp chickies! Ours came from MPC, hatched yesterday, and arrived today also. I was so nervous about having them shipped, but all 6( 2 australorps, 2 ee's, and 2 red stars) arrived safe and sound. They began eating and drinking as soon as I set them in the brooder(about 2 pm) and they haven't stopped yet. :)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  3. Rasuka

Really?! That would be so cool if they were! Would be more awesome if they were siblings! XD The Australorps didn't have a problem with food and drink. Right now they keep pecking at the flooring. They kicked away the pine shaving. I guess they're looking for "worms". But they do eat from the dishes~ That's so cool that yours hatched when mine did! SO AWESOME!

1 person likes this.
  4. mlm Mike

mlm Mike Sunna and Mani Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 14, 2010
    Hardy Township, OH
    Very cute!

5. bantam cochin connoisseur

bantam cochin connoisseur Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2009
    Your family will have a lot of fun with these little chicks.

6. Rasuka

Yes I'm pretty sure they will! My sister at first didn't want chickens, but now she keeping going over to their brooder to check them out. And she keeps saying "they're so cute! awww!" XD

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  7. J&JCossey

J&JCossey Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2011
    SF Bay Area, CA
    We ordered ours from MPC and they hatched yesterday but haven't arrive yet. We are all the way out in CA so I was guessing it would take a little longer. Oh, I really hope that we have a good story to add to this thread tomorrow morning! Congrats on your chickies!!!

8. Rasuka

Thank you! Have you gotten yours yet? ^^ I would like to see some pictures if you don't mind posting them~ :3

9. J&JCossey

J&JCossey Out Of The Brooder

Dec 1, 2011
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Our chicks arrived this morning. They were cold, lethargic, and one was dead! :( Not very happy about that at all. We had to nurse 4 of the remaining 6 back to life with sugar water and it looks like they are going to make it!!! Needless to say I will not be ordering cross country chicks again. Okay complaining aside, we are so excited and are having a ball with our new little cuties. MPC customer service was very helpful and concerned about the cold heating device and lost chick. Too bad you don't get reimbursed for that pricey shipping!

Here are our six little cuties- Australorp, Barred Rock, Rh Is Red, Silver Laced Wyandotte, Easter Egger and a White leghorn or Buff Orp, I cant tell yet which one was the dead one and which was the live one...we'll know soon enough!
    [​IMG]

10. cjwaldon

cjwaldon Overrun With Chickens

Sep 11, 2011
    Missouri, USA
    My Coop
    I think you lost your Easter Egger. I don't see any puffy cheeks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by