6+ Bantam Wyandotte!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Attack Chicken, Jan 5, 2011.

1. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My girls are currently laying pretty well and it seems like a waste for these eggs not to be hatched!

In the bantam coop I currently have laying:

BB black wyandotte hen
    Pepper black wyandotte hen
    Cookie SL wyandotte hen
    and Coco RIR hen
    All over these girls are over Bubba a blue wyandotte cock (in the picture)

Since all these girls are in the coop together they leg their eggs in the same nesting boxes. If you don't want the RIR/ wyandotte eggs I can try to get them out but I'm not 100% sure which egg she lays. Cookie just started laying so her eggs wont be in there unless you want pullet eggs.

These are such sweet birds and are great for 4-H or for just having around the backyard! BB has won Best in Show at the county fair, Best Variety at the State Fair, BV at the Central Indiana show, and BV at the Connersville show. He daughter Honey/over the blue cock has won Reserve Best in show at the County fair, BV at the State, and BV at the Central Indiana show (didn't got to Connersville). She's broody now so sadly no eggs from her.

With that said I can safely do 6 eggs and maybe even more. I think the broody virus is starting to go around [​IMG]

Anyways thanks for looking [​IMG]

BB (She looks brown but she isn't! she went thought a molt and now is beautifull!)
    [​IMG]

Pepper and Cookie
    [​IMG]

Coco
    [​IMG]

2. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    why does coco look so brown? is she a black?

i've been keeping my eye peeled for chocolate bantams.... and she is reminiscient of one...

3. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Coco is a Rhode Island Red bantam thats why she's like that very very sweet though.

I'm not sure if there are any chocolate bantam breeds in the US yet. I believe someone is trying to get chocolate orps though can't remember if it was bantams or largefowl.

4. xyresicchick

xyresicchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Providence, RI
    what about BB? shes pretty brown too.

5. Attack Chicken

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    BB had actually gone through a molt and molted some of her feathers which are the cleaner black ones. The browner ones are her old feathers. Last fall she went through another molt (2 in 1 year). Here's a picture I took of her today:
    [​IMG]

6. hoppy

hoppy I'm not all fluff

May 5, 2007
    central maine
    1 drop of food coloring in the vent will mark eggs as they are laid, needs to be repeated after a few days.

7. Little Cluckers

Little Cluckers Keep Calm and Buy Chickens

Aug 8, 2009
    SF Bay Area
    Did you take your girls to Santa? Lol. That is too cute.

8. kswaterfowl

kswaterfowl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    Greencastle, IN
    I'm not sure if there are any chocolate bantam breeds in the US yet. I believe someone is trying to get chocolate orps though can't remember if it was bantams or largefowl.

There are chocolates in the US. I have a chocolate tailed buff old english cross, and his mother was a pure chocolate old english hen. Fawn duckwing old english are also a version of chocolate. Seramas also commonly carry chocolate.​

9. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Quote:There are chocolates in the US. I have a chocolate tailed buff old english cross, and his mother was a pure chocolate old english hen. Fawn duckwing old english are also a version of chocolate. Seramas also commonly carry chocolate.

The Old English Games are Dun, not the true Choc. Gene. Seramas do come in true Choc. though. And Greenfire Farms is or has already imported Choc. Orp Bantams.

10. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    Are the Black girls straight black or BBS blacks? Is that called a split? I am not all that up on all the terminology for all of the colors.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by