6 + BBS silkie eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jan 26, 2010.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Up for auction is a 1/2 dozen + silkie eggs from my BBS pen. These lovely girls are laying up a storm right now. Hurry before they go broody!! In this pen is a black cockerel, a splash cock, 3 splash hens/pullets and 4 black hens/pullets.

One purchaser said she had 100% of the shipped eggs develop.

I still have some styrofoam shippers left if you are in an area where the weather is still very cold and you are concerned about freezing. The shippers are thick-walled and should protect the eggs from freezing.

We have waited a long time for these girls and boys to grow up and start laying. I have been very selective about the birds that I have kept and will be adding a few show quality birds over the next few months.

Please feel free to ask questions and thank you for your bids.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  2. FLF

FLF Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Portersville
    Just wanted to let everyone know, I got eggs from her a couple weeks ago and every single one arrived intact. Even though I had them shipped in one of the REALLY cold snaps, out of 8 eggs I have 4 that look great and 1 or 2 that are maybes. That's pretty great % for shipped eggs, especially in the frozen tundra of PA!

So somebody needs to snap these up!

3. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Quote:Great! I'm so glad that they are developing. And thank you for the positive feedback!!

4. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    The box I got her had really been through the grinder- it was torn and dented- but the eggs were ALL intact. Despite being practically scrambled, all eggs were fertile and I hatched a couple nice vaulted babies.

5. Three Cedars Silkies

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    Quote:Yeah! We'll give this another try!! [​IMG]

6. T.E.R.

T.E.R. Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2009
    Cantonment, FL 32533
    Just recieved my today all intact. Can't wait to see how many my electronic mother hatches out. Going in tomorrow morning. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by