6+ Bearded Silkie Eggs Splash/Blue/Cuckoo Must Ship Tomorrow SOLD!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Chellester, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    The weather has warmed up and my Silkie girls have been laying like crazy, so I have extra eggs that I need to move ASAP! 6+ extras bearded Silkie eggs (will be 9 eggs) to ship from central CA. Splash and Blue parents are from show quality lines.

I strive to breed my silkies for the best possible traits- good toe spacing, full crests and beards, nice foot feathering, dark skin, blue ears, and vaulted skulls.

Hatching eggs are no older than 2-3 days old when shipped and are stored in a cool room. I individually wrap each egg in bubble wrap to insure the best possible shipment results.

$15 including shipping PayPal only please. Please PM me if interested. Please post any questions you have here so they can be answered for everyone.

Thanks for looking! [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Blue Rooster

[​IMG]
    Splash Rooster

[​IMG]
    Blue Hen

[​IMG]
    Cuckoo Hen

[​IMG]
    Head shot of light blue hen.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2008

2. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    No takers yet! Come on people; I don't want to have to set these eggs myself! [​IMG] (Or do I?) [​IMG]

3. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    I have dropped the price by $5 because these eggs need to be sold TODAY while they are still fresh!

These are very nice silkies; I may never have shown these birds myself, but they are from SQ lines; the pictures say everything! [​IMG]

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Well, I think they are lovely and should be a great addition to anyone's flock. I just have to watch it right now due to losing my job. But you have lovely birds. And $15 is a steal.

Marie

5. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Thank you Marie! I appreciate the "thumbs-up!" [​IMG]

6. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    You are so welcome. I know how hard it is to sell eggs sometimes. Especially when so many other folks have them for sale. My broodies have all but ended my sales for a while. I am getting 1 egg a day from them if I am lucky. I have blue/black/splash silkies too. Don't have any cuckoo. Have you had any chicks hatch out cuckoo? I would love to have some but I am really trying to keep my numbers down a bit right now until I find a job. But it is very tempting???

Marie

7. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Yes, I have had some hatch out cuckoo. I have two cuckoo hens and both are laying well right now. I can tell the difference between their eggs and the others because they lay smaller eggs.

As much as want to sell these [​IMG] and of course it is your choice, but I am sure I will still be selling eggs by the time you get back on your feet financially.

8. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I know from your post you probably don't need more eggs, but would you ever consider a swap? Maybe to add a different line to yours? I may be able to do that soon if you are interested. If not, I will get with you later on about some eggs for sure.

Marie

9. Chellester

Chellester Songster

Jun 22, 2007
    Nor Cal
    Quote:Sure I would consider a swap! [​IMG] You are right; I don't "need" any more eggs, but I love to hatch eggs from different breeders. I now realize how truly chicken addicted I am!!!!!! [​IMG]

PM me when you want to swap and we'll work out the details. Thanks again for your interest and wonderful remarks about my birds! [​IMG]

10. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Hopefully some of my girls will return to laying this week or next. Will PM you.

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by