6+ Birchen Marans Hatching eggs UPDATED 10 EGGS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by brkuk, Nov 5, 2011.

1. brkuk

brkuk Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    Hello,
    I have Birchen Marans hatching eggs available. My birds are from two different farms but I don't know the exact bloodlines. I have 6 pullets with 2 roosters. I have been getting 3-5 eggs daily. The picture of the eggs is from three weeks ago. I double wrap each egg and ship out USPS. These will go out Tuesday. More pictures can be seen on my website. Any questions please ask. Take care.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  2. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Removed, question answered. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. brkuk

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    Quote:Thanks Nancy,
    I have always hatched out pullet eggs. I usually wait 6-8 weeks after they start to lay, to start hatching them myself. I have hatched 6 batches of this breed so far and I have had great results. No small chicks. All are healthy and strong. My coronations are not even a year old and I have hatched out over 100 chicks and they are huge chicks. Maybe I am wrong but I have not seen any problems yet. If anyone doesn't want pullet eggs please don't bid. I will have eggs in the spring and they will be a year old then. Take care.

4. crfarm

crfarm Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes or so

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    I am like you. Nancy posted the same to my offering of eggs. I have not had problems either with pullet eggs. Through advice from a long time breeder, Bev Davis who also uses her pullet eggs, I chose to do the same. Great hatches and chicks thrive. Pretty birds!
    Any more pics?

5. crfarm

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    double post sorry, darn computer [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  6. crfarm

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    Just checked out your website. Nice Birds! My Birchen are from Greenfire and would love to add some more lines. You are very tempting! [​IMG]

7. brkuk

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    Quote:Thank you. I was asking myself "am I wrong??" I have had no such problems at all. Maybe I am stepping on toes by selling eggs on here.????? Oh well. Take care.

8. brkuk

Jan 6, 2009
    Howell, Mi
    Quote:Wanna trade??? My eggs are from pullets, just so you know.

9. wood&feathers

wood&feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    E. KY
    My best broody hatched her first set at age 8 mos. Her eggs were as big as our 2 year old production reds' by then. When I think "pullet egg" I think small skinny slugs. Your picture with the dollar for scale announces these as being from OLDER pullets, not new layers.

Wish I could hatch some, but too lazy to buy and incubator. Plus my DH... [​IMG]

10. crfarm

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    I kind of felt the same way too. I would be more concerned about NPIP status than pullet eggs. [​IMG]
    would love to trade but lost my roo and waiting for the younger one to get to breeding age! the hens are laying such nice dark eggs too and they have been laying for 2 months.
    I don't mind the pullet eggs and when I get them back with a roo I will let you know. [​IMG]
    wouldn't have an extra roo closer to breeding age would you? [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by