6+ Black Copper Marans (feathered legs) hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bargain, Nov 14, 2009.

1. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    We have been blessed with some beautiful Black Copper Marans (feathered legs, French standard) we bought as one day olds from Copper King on this board. These are Wade Jeanne line, C-1. All the flock are heavily feathered and produce heavily feathered babies.
    Here's a picture of them:

[​IMG]

If you wish to buy a 6 pack of these wonderful eggs, please just pm me and leave the posting open so I will not have to repost for the next person.

When you bid on these eggs, the price for the eggs and shipping includes selecting, carefully packing, packing materials, priority shipping and confirmation delivery. If extra(s) are available at the time of shipping, I'll include those as well. We only ship within the continental US.

We ship eggs in the same fashion as we would like to receive them. We bubble wrap each egg separately, putting in a regular box (not an egg carton) which is then cushioned and set in a larger box. These are not the prepaid priority boxes but we use the large boxes that can be ordered through USPS as the standard mailing box. Our mailing costs can often be higher than the prepaid boxes but we find that they arrive in better shape, so it's well worth the extra time, packing materials and shipping costs. Occasionally with a large order, we will use an even larger outside box. Even as carefully as we ship, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit. We do not guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable. We will provide assistance to you during the hatch and help in every way possible to have the best hatch possible.

We are a chemical free farm and farm full-time. We feed our animals with the best feed, sprouted grains, fresh grasses, treats from the garden and loving care.

Please check out our feedback (please scroll to bottom of pages for our more recent feedback)
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pcz6aC_klXJDTE8H01hR-RA

We also have feed back in the new system as you'll see above

We will be continuing to offer the 6 pack of Black Copper Marans hatching eggs through the fall/winter, so please pm me if you are interested and wish to be put on our calendar.

Thanks and have a blessed day.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2009
  2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

Do you breed toward the French SOP? What have been your hatch results, as far as eye coloring? What do you rate the color of your eggs on the scale?
    Thanks.

3. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Yes, we breed toward the French standard....Our hens are all pumpkin eyed.

They have the correct plumage and stature and are all heavily feathered.

I rate the color of our eggs at their darkest range between an 8 and a 9.

Please feel free to ask any additional questions you might have and I appreciate your interest.

Have a blessed evening.

4. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

I just read this (copied below) on the French Standards site. I am still (trying) to learn about Marans and egg color, that is why I asked. I'll bet you have some beautiful birds and eggs, Nancy! I don't mean to be a pest, and I thank you for answering my questions.

5 to 9 – Extra dark russet-red egg (chocolate)

You may notice the spherical, globular shape which is typical to the Marans egg, and the brightness is always an extra property for this egg. Unfortunately, hens laying eggs 7, 8 and 9 often do not meet the standard for appearance: they maybe light or skimpy subjects, have squirrel tails, impure feathers and colours, etc… The selection of the Marans is a very hard work and a long exacting task.

8 and 9 – Exceptional eggs or rather accidental : the colour is close to that of an unalloyed pigment. Once again, you may notice that such eggs are obtained in the beginning of the lay. The fact that the shells pigments tones down in the middle of the laying period is normal. The best shell colours stabilize around 6 and 7. A good stock can produce an proportion of eggs 5 and 6. Drastic selection must be done years after years to maintain a constant colour.

5. bargain

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    We've worked hard and are blessed with beautiful birds and eggs....You may certainly ask all the questions you like either on this post or to me.

We farm full time, so it may be a while before I get back with you, but I welcome any observations and thoughts and ideas and questions about any of our birds....

Thanks for your questions.....If we don't chat before then, have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving.....Please let me know if you'd like some eggs as well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by