6+Black Jersey Giant Eggs~Gentle Giants/Heritage Breed PIC

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Echoinghills, May 22, 2010.

1. Echoinghills

Echoinghills Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    6 + any extra, hatching eggs from our Echoinghills Black Jersey Giant flock! These are not hatchery chickens, our original flock started from 5K Farm(Ebay Seller, Florida)! Black Jerseys are one of the largest breeds in standard Poultry, and considered a Heritage Breed (meaning they are on the endangered list). Roos can get up to 13+lbs, Hens around 10lbs. They lay a nice X-Large brown egg. They were developed in the 1880's in New Jersey. We now have outcrosses from show stock that trace back to the Golda Miller line, that will be available later in our hatching eggs and brought into my flock. So with that said, right now the eggs available are from my original flock, later this summer the show stock will be introduced and available as well. I am very happy with my Black Jersey Giant flocks... i think you will be too! They are a gorgeous large breed, gentle birds, and prolific layers, known for their hardiness, make a great meat bird as well. I just cannot say enough about this breed. Egg production is excellent! The hens do tend to go broody, make great mothers... a great asset to any breeder doing other fowl such as peafowl, turkey, pheasant, etc. We have been pleased with them. You can view photos of my flock on my website: www.echoinghills.net. Click on Poultry, and go to 2nd page.

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. Echoinghills

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    [​IMG]

Trying to put pics on this auction, will see if this works.

3. Echoinghills

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    I finally figured out how to upload pics to "My Page", if anyone would like to see some of my poultry/birds. I will continue to update that page. So far i put on Lav. Silkies, SQ Mille Fleurs, Black Jerseys, BLRW pullets, Blue Brassyback OEG, Spangle OEG. Thanks for looking!!! Francie [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by