6+ BLACK MARANS HATCHING EGGS

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bishopschickens, May 5, 2009.

1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    I have for you 6+ extras if available Black Marans eggs. This rooster is already a very big boy and is only 9 months old. We have had excellent fertility and hatchability of these birds. I, however, will not guarantee your hatch as to whatever the post office decides to do to your eggs. They will be individually wrapped and packed very securely and shipped to you priority mail. These are my darkest layers next to my Black Copper Marans. One hen is has light feathering so some of your chicks should be as well. They are yours for the first person who says "Sold" for $25 including shipping. I have posted pictures of the eggs I have gotten from these birds, but I have just run vinager through my watering system which tends to lighten my eggs for a few days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  2. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Quote:I do not really want washed hatching eggs (bloom/protective coat etc.). So maybe you can post a photo without the eggs being washed..

3. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    They are not washed!!! I do not wash my eggs.... If you are wondering about the vinager, I give it to my birds every two months through my watering system, it is good for them and is a natural way to prevent worms.

4. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    SOLD

5. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Quote:My apologies for this misunderstanding. I also give ACV to my chickens, but it never came into my mind that the egg color would be affected.

6. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Just letting you know...the cuticle is the protective layer. It can only be removed by vigorous scrubbing or high temperatures with a pressure sprayer.

(Hence the lack of the cuticle on store bought eggs.)

ETA: If the cuticle had been removed...they wouldn't look as shiny as they do unless they were sopping wet...or unless they had been sprayed with mineral oil.

Pretty eggs bishop! I'd never seen Black Marans. How do you tell the difference between them and Black Australorps?

7. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Quote:Im going to assume it is the egg color...[​IMG] I thought they were more comparable to Jersey Giants... There is some stature differences as I have owned all three in the past. The biggest I have notices is that the hackles on the Black Marans seem to be very wide.

The big question is how do I tell the difference in my Black Coppers and my Blacks when they hatch! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by