6+ Blk/Brwn/Chocolate Orpington Project Hatching Eggs(NPIP & AI)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Jobele, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Jobele

Jobele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Guess what?!?!!? My precious babies are still producing for me.....so I'm gonna run this one more time for 6+ eggs! Good luck!

Up for bid are 6+ hatching eggs from my Black/Brown/Chocolate Project that I'm working on! I'm at it again....I had such a huge response on these eggs and people that really wanted to get some. So, I decided that I would try and put some more on here before they really slow down on laying for the winter months. I know they will lay....just not as good as in the spring months! So, I'm hoping that I will be able to do this maybe 1 or 2 more times, but this could be the last chance to get them....who knows?!?!? [​IMG]

Here are some pictures of the parents.......notice how my Roosters are almost completely Chocolate. My hens have a lot of brown and chocolate pigment along with the black.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The babies are here and they're gorgeous......I'm such a proud moma to my dun babies! Here's some pics of the day old chicks! You can definitely see the dun sheen to them! I can't wait to see when their feathers come in! I think 1 is definetly gonna look like his papa! Look to the bottom of the auction and you'll see their pics!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here are some pictures of my Chocolate Roosters:

King (Left) and Kong (Right) with a few hens in the background

[​IMG]

King with a few of the ladies in the Breeding Coop

[​IMG]

Breeding Hens: Penny(Back facing sideways) - Patty(Right Butt Shot) - Peggy (Left Butt Shot)

[​IMG]

Another picture of the girls Penny (Left) Patty (Middle) and Peggy (Right)

And another picture showing the splash of colors of (Brown/Chocolate/Black)

[​IMG]

And here's a close-up of King

[​IMG]

My sweet little babes!

[​IMG]

Look at the back of this chick...see the dun coloring?

[​IMG]

Another shot of some

[​IMG]

So sweet!!!!!

[​IMG]

NOW AS USUAL....DISCUSSIONS ARE OPEN ON WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THE BABIES THESE BIRDS HAVE PRODUCED!

If I have an extra one or two eggs I'll add them when I ship.

I'm getting good hatch rates here at my farm, but I cannot guarantee the hatch rate once the eggs leave here due to the fact that I cannot control the US Post Office and how they handle the packages. I will mark the box with "FRAGILE" because I am finding that they are handled better that way. I will put "Hatching Eggs" on the box if you want me to. But, some of the workers handle boxes a little better if you put "Fragile".

My flock is NPIP & AI tested. A certificate will be put in with shipment of eggs. The Orpingtons are very hardy winter birds and are prolific brown egg layers. Please email me with any questions you may have.

Please pay through my Paypal account: [email protected]. Please DO NOT use ECHECK as your payment because it can take too long sometimes for payment to clear. As soon as payment clears......I will ship the eggs.

We ship eggs the same way that we would want to receive them! We bubble wrap each egg and place in in a #4 size shipping box (not egg carton) with extra bubble wrap in box all around the individaully wrapped eggs to make sure they don't move. Then we place that box into another box with padding all around it to secure the eggs even more! We will also put a tracking number on the shipment to keep tabs on it. You will be emailed the tracking number as soon as they are shipped, so that you can keep track as well!

If you want special instructions such as to pick up the eggs at the Post Office...please let me know when you make payment. Also give me your phone number so that I can supply that for the Post Office to call you when your eggs get there! Please supply your email address as well so that I can email you the tracking number. If you want insurance put on your eggs you will have to pay extra for that when you make payment with Paypal.

HAPPY BIDDING!!!!

2. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Hey Bev! Just wanted to let you know I candled today, day 6 & all 13 eggs are developing!! Speaks volumes for your handling of the eggs and the health of your birds!!! I'll continue to keep you posted!!! I have never had all eggs, especially shipped eggs, developing at this point...so kudos to you!!! smile

Again, feel free to use my statements in your future auctions!!! smile

Thanks again!
    Billie Jo

3. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Just wanted to give an update on the hatching. Received 15 eggs - 13 'Chocolate' and 2 Lavender split. 7 hatched on November 21st (pretty good hatch for shipped eggs). 6 hatched from the 'Chocolate' eggs, and one of the Lavender/split hatched. The Lavender split chick is dark blue (nearly black) and the other 6 chicks are black. Will keep ya'll posted of any color changes as they grow. (will try to get some pics to post). Am interested to see pics of the other chicks that will be hatching shortly. Good luck to everyone on their hatches. [​IMG]

4. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:That's GREAT! I'm so glad that you got a pretty good hatch out of the eggs! And you are so right....shipping eggs can be a gamble! The chicks from the chocolates are being born mostly black in the beginning, but if they hold true to their parents....they will change as they get older into the dun color. Both roosters that were used for this breeding were smut black until they were about 5 months old! Then they turned the gorgeous dun/chocolate that they are now! So, be prepared to see the black coloring when they are chicks....but it will probably change. PLEASE post pics when you can. I think we should start a thread for all of the people who bought these eggs and let everybody post pics of the offspring as they grow! I'll have to see how to start a thread....I've never started one before.....but, maybe I can figure it out.....LOL How exciting.....I love it!

There should be some more hatches real soon! Please post any pics so we can see what you get! I want to see all my GRANDCHICKS! [​IMG]

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY! [​IMG]

5. rockinpaints

rockinpaints Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Quote:That's GREAT! I'm so glad that you got a pretty good hatch out of the eggs! And you are so right....shipping eggs can be a gamble! The chicks from the chocolates are being born mostly black in the beginning, but if they hold true to their parents....they will change as they get older into the dun color. Both roosters that were used for this breeding were smut black until they were about 5 months old! Then they turned the gorgeous dun/chocolate that they are now! So, be prepared to see the black coloring when they are chicks....but it will probably change. PLEASE post pics when you can. I think we should start a thread for all of the people who bought these eggs and let everybody post pics of the offspring as they grow! I'll have to see how to start a thread....I've never started one before.....but, maybe I can figure it out.....LOL How exciting.....I love it!

There should be some more hatches real soon! Please post any pics so we can see what you get! I want to see all my GRANDCHICKS! [​IMG]

Be sure to send me the link to the thread in case I do not get the pics posted before the auction ends. Does anyone know what color the choc orp bantams hatch out?

6. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas

Be sure to send me the link to the thread in case I do not get the pics posted before the auction ends. Does anyone know what color the choc orp bantams hatch out?

Okay.....here's the link (I think): https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=602150

It's the first time I have ever opened a thread.....so I hope that is right! You can also look under "Pictures and Stories of my Chickens" for the Dun/Chocolate Chickens.

Would love to have everybody who got eggs from me to please post pictures of the babies!!!! [​IMG]

7. RioLindoAz

RioLindoAz Sleeping

Jul 8, 2007
    Yuma, Arizona
    Quote:Oh god, please tell me you were quoting feedback from one of your previous buyers.

8. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:Oh god, please tell me you were quoting feedback from one of your previous buyers.

Yep! Billie Joe bought a dozen eggs w/1 extra for good measure! I try to pack 1 or 2 extra so if they do get handled rough by the PO. I'm so excited for Billie Jo!
    Now, I'm praying that she will hatch all of them!

9. billiejo21

billiejo21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Iowa
    Go into lockdown on Monday...I had 2 quitters when I candled on day 14...I'll post an update on what I lock down...the rest have beautiful bouncing babies in them, so I'm hoping they continue on!!! 11 out of 13 is great for shipped eggs!!!

10. Jobele

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    Quote:Yeah....Billie Jo! I so hope that they all hatch!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by