6+ Blue and Black Sumatra Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Sumatra503, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Sumatra503

Sumatra503 Kozy Orchard Farms

Sep 24, 2010
    Here are 6 Sumatra Hatching Eggs plus any extras I may have. these eggs are from my breeding pen of Sumatras. The roo is shown in the picture. He has 3 spurs on each leg and a long full tail. My hens are Blue Sumatras. These eggs should produce about 80% black and 20% blue on average.

All of my birds are healthy and fed good quality feed. All eggs are clean and in good condition when shipped.

All eggs are shipped USPS priority mail and the cost is $10.70. I wrap eacg egg in bubble wrap and place them in an egg carton to keep them from bouncing around.

Due to forces beyond my control i ca not guarantee your hatch rate. I can, however guarantee that all of my eggs are clean and from healthy happy birds.

2. swheat

swheat The Bantam Barn

Mar 18, 2008
    Alabama
    My Coop
    Are these LargeFowl or Bantam Sumatra ?

3. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    They are large fowl Sumatra.

4. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    My dad really likes these. How are they with other breeds? (Would we need to have a seperate pen for them?)
    My biggest concern is them flying off as we free range (when home) and everyone gets put up in the evening in a open style coop. Read that these guys can fly really well for chickens. One Sumatra was witnessed to fly 5 miles from 1 island to another in the Indonesia isles. Pretty cool. They have a very lovely look to them too.
    How would you describe their temperment?

I want to get these to hatch for my dad as he has been a very good sport in my chicken adventures. (Hopefully, my other eggs will hatch in time for these to go into the bator)
    Oh and our summers get very hot down here. Would they be ok in our Texas heat?

5. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    Hi, I am interested in the eggs I also live in Oregon and if you are close I would drive to pick some up as I really have bad luck on hatching shipped eggs.. You can PM me if you like.

6. silvergatefarms

silvergatefarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2010
    Goldthwaite,TX
    what blood line might these birds originated from

7. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    I purchased my birds from a breeder in Washington 3 years ago. I believe his name was John. He wasn't sure what line they were from, so I have no idea.

They do very well with snow and below freezing temps and they handle heat fairly well. They are very hardy birds. They will fly over fences, but they stick around fairly well. My birds are free ranged with my bantams during the winter months and they all do just fine together. They are fairly flighty birds and tend to panic when being caught. My roos have all been nice, no fisty temperments. My hens are also good mothers and will brood anything. Last spring Lauretta, my blue hen, raised 9 bantam cochin and serama chicks in on batch.

8. ChickensRock96

ChickensRock96 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Rapids
    I would love to see some more pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Sumatra503

Sep 24, 2010
    There are a few pictures of them on My Pages.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by