6+ Blue Bearded Silkie Eggs-NPIP

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Tropical Chickies, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Tropical Chickies

Tropical Chickies Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 12, 2008
    Central Florida
    6+ Blue Bearded Silkie Eggs. These blues carry the lavender gene. Paypal is due the day the auction closes to [email protected]

I am a member of the American Poultry Association and American Silkie Bantam Club and breed according to the Standard's of Perfection. NPIP Certified #58-1461-E

My foundation stock was hand selected and purchased from well known breeders. Babies are from show winning and breeding stock. (NO hatchery birds)
    http://tropicalchickies.webs.com

Flora
    [​IMG]

Fragomeni
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2011
  2. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    Very nice looking birds there [​IMG]

3. Tropical Chickies

Aug 12, 2008
    Central Florida
    Thanks Vanessa [​IMG]

4. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    chick in caboose TOO CUTE!!!! [​IMG]

5. Tropical Chickies

Aug 12, 2008
    Central Florida
    Quote:Thanks, it's my favorite picture! My 4 year olds idea. It even looks like the chick is smiling for the camera, lol [​IMG]

6. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    [​IMG] it does!!!!

7. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    in some birds the black is used with the lavendar to deepen the lavendar - such as Lavendar Orpingtons with which I'm very familiar - said she who has hatched 200+ chicks.

Is it different with silkies that blue is used to enhance the lavendar?

Lovely birds, by the way...Thanks! Nancy

8. Tropical Chickies

Aug 12, 2008
    Central Florida
    Quote:Nancy, I'm not certain about that, which is why I don't breed that color line. Sounds probable though. In my circumstance, my foundation stock came from a blue x lavender, so in order to hatch a lavender both parents must carry the lavender gene. I have hatched 1 lav for sure, I lost one that was possibly a lavender on the 2nd day due to a fall, and may have sold one.

I don't know the lav genetics so I am staying away from it for now. Sticking to what I know so I don't get into a mess, lol!

9. Mystic Farms

Mystic Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2011
    blue x lav is a no no!
    it washes out, does not leave an attractive color, and will not breed true. Lav should be bred to lav, black or lav/black splits (some have reported some success w wheaton).

FLChick are you going to have eggs available at Nava's? I just lost my favorite st cochin roo (old age), your birds I like! If you are could you pm me? Thanks

10. Tropical Chickies

Aug 12, 2008
    Central Florida
    Quote:Exactly why I stay away from lav, because I don't know the proper genetics! Not breeding lav myself for that reason! I won't be at Nava's only because it is too far to travel. Sorry about your roo [​IMG] I have kept some boys around just for that very reason. I love my "Big Blue" roo, he is a pretty boy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by