6+ BLUE MARANS HATCHING EGGS FOR SALE...$30.00 INCLUDE SHIP...VA!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bishopschickens, Feb 22, 2009.

1. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    We have picked up these birds from mergmet which originally came from the bev davis lines. She was working on a project with blue marans hatching eggs and a birchen marans rooster. The eggs are really starting to get dark(been laying for a month) Infact they are twice as dark as my black copper marans. The birds have no defects and are the french standard with heavy feathering up and down the legs. We can take paypal at [email protected] or you can email me at [email protected] to receive address to ship a money order. We are receiving between 4-6 eggs a day so can take a list. $30.00 will cover priority shipping for a half dozen, and $55.00 will cover shipping and 1 dozen. Aussiesharon has seen these in person so if you need a reference she can vouch. Also if you need pictures we can send them to you.

Brandon

2. BuckeyeDave

BuckeyeDave Overrun with Buckeyes

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    I'll take 'em, let me know where to paypal.

3. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    send it to [email protected] and we will ship them either tomorrow or tuesday morning. Thanks again and god bless. if you decide you want a dozen send $55.00 or if you want a half+ send $30.00 will let you know when the payment arrives.

Brandon

4. BuckeyeDave

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Got the eggs today, they are gorgeous!!! Thanks!!!

5. cottagegarden

cottagegarden Eggistentialist

Oct 2, 2008
    SE PA
    Brandon-those are lovely birds from stellar stock. What color chicks are you getting from the mix?
    I assume some percentage of solid blue, black , and possible splash carrying the silver gene?
    Are any of the hatching chicks feathering out with some degree of birchen coloring?
    Thanks!!

6. lds_horselover2005

lds_horselover2005 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    I might want some of these. Maybe a half dozen if you still have some. I am not sure yet because I just got some eggs yesterday that were slightly shook up and I don't know how many will make it. I will keep in touch and let you know if you are still able to do it!

Thanks!

7. BuckeyeDave

May 27, 2008
    Minster, Ohio
    My Coop
    Quote:His packing was great, I had one egg leaking, he sent me a couple of extras so I'm covered, all in all I am very impressed with the egg color and as he mentioned they are darker than some of the BCM eggs I have seen.
    I'd buy from him again in a heartbeat!!

8. lds_horselover2005

lds_horselover2005 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2008
    South Central PA
    Thanks for letting me know. I got some splash marans eggs off of ebay and the PO wasn't so nice to them. One was broke, 2 were cracked and 1 the air sack was broke. I put fingernail polish on the 2 that were cracked (over the cracks to help hold in moisture) to see if they will grow. I figure if they didn't do good, I would buy some of these to see what happens. I want to use them to hopefully darken the egg color of the ones I just got (if there are some that hatch and hoping they are pullets) And I do have to say...thats not a bad price!!!!

9. Crunchie

Crunchie Brook Valley Farm

Mar 1, 2007
    Maryland
    I saw the other thread that you guys posted, which had a pic...is the roo a birchen or is he a blue birchen? He looks blue in the picture. Just curious. Whatever he is, he sure is pretty!! Do you know yet what the offspring from this cross will throw? Do you get some solid and some birchen, or some with just a little of the birchen coloring...etc., etc.....

ETA: Where in VA are you guys located (you can PM me if you don't want to post it), and would you do a pick-up? I'm in MD and might be interested in picking some up to save them the roughness of the P.O. if you're not too far away...

ETA2: I just noticed that cottagegarden and I pretty much asked the same thing about the coloring of the offspring.... [​IMG] Sorry for the duplicate question, I guess great minds think alike! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  10. bishopschickens

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    thanks everyone and great to hear you got the package dave. The chicks come out blue black or splash but most come out like the daddy in the picture with less silver. Just something we are working with as I mentioned before. For the post about where are we in virginia we are 1 hour west of richmond. It wouldnt be to bad for you if you could come down 95. About 3 hours if traffic works for you. We do have plenty of eggs available if anyone is interested. I really wish you guys could see the rooster in person as he is HUGE. All the birds also are some of the friendliest birds ive ever seen.

Brandon

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by