6+ Calico Silkie hatching eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by CamiLynn, Feb 11, 2014.

1. CamiLynn

CamiLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    Hi-
    This is my first time selling hatching eggs to be shipped but, I have ordered many eggs and know how to pack them safely for shipment. I will mark boxes "fragile" and "live embryos" but, please let me know if you would like anything else included.

Eggs are $10 for 6+ and $15 shipping.

I have a calico rooster over a buff hen. I will collect eggs Saturday - Monday and ship them out on Monday - Tuesday. Fertility has been checked and proven.

Edited: Added pictures of babies that hatched from my calico/buffs on 14 Feb 14. Also, eggs will now have a chance of hatching showgirls. I have one black showgirl hen in with my group and I think she has started laying so I want to put that warning out there.

Those who pay first will get first choice of which week the eggs will be shipped.

The following dates are available:

Feb 24/25 - pjwood67
    Mar 3/4 - Cloudseeker
    Mar 10/11 - Pending (Outside buyer)
    Mar 17/18 - Kamiki
    Mar 24/25
    Mar 31/Apr 1

Please post a reply to this thread with your interest, as well as send me a pm with which week you prefer for shipment. I will confirm and once payment (PayPal) has been recieved, I will put your name by your shipment date.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. Cloudseeker

Cloudseeker Out Of The Brooder

Nov 24, 2013
    Skagit County, WA
    I'm interested! The first 2 weeks of March would be best for me. Sending you a pm

3. CamiLynn

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    I got your pm and sent you one back.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  4. JDchicks

JDchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2012
    Southeast Alabama
    Could you by chance post some more pics?

5. CamiLynn

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    I was actually working on that :) I will have to take some more when i get home this evening, that are better than the ones I have. Cause the rooster is much more filled out now. My apologies but, they are coming.

6. LeviS

LeviS Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    North Dakota
    Some more pics would be great, would really like to see the females. I may have to look into these for my 2nd hatch.

7. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

I would also like pictures of the breeding stock please!

8. WilkesChick1111

WilkesChick1111 New Egg

Nov 22, 2013
    Very interested! The last week of march would work best for me. I just posted but its not showing up so I'm sorry if it posts twice lol

9. Kamiki

Kamiki Out Of The Brooder

May 15, 2013
    Sorry for my ignorance, but I'm not sure how Silkie genetics work - what are the chances of the babies being calico?

10. CamiLynn

Mar 19, 2012
    Southern Mississippi
    I'm not exactly sure either but, I know to that the proper breeding color is to breed to a buff or red. I hatched out 5 chicks on Friday and all look to have the calico pattern except for one who looks like it might be a buff. Sorry, I don't have a better answer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by