1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 CALL DUCK EGGS...3 FANTAIL PIGEON EGGS FOR SALE!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by bishopschickens, Jun 10, 2008.

1. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    curious....i've only heard of pigeons taking care of their own. How does a pigeon chick get raised w/o being hand fed? Or is that what you have to do? I'd be VERY interested in snowy eggs...but if I have to handfeed a pigeon..not so much those.

2. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I am pretty sure the pigeons are altruical birds meaning they need their mom to feed them where as ducks, chicks etc are precocial birds.

3. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. Gosh Henry, you're smart with the words there! [​IMG]

4. theOEGBman

theOEGBman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Central California
    Yeah, what they said. Also, pigeon egg shells are kinda thin, I dont think they would hold up well in shipping.

5. hcammack

hcammack Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    lol I am pretty smart at everything but MATH [​IMG] I am not actually smart just well educated I guess because I am in the best private highschool in the state [​IMG]

6. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    Hi everyone...sorry I dont know much about the pigeon eggs as my wife just got the breeders a week ago and they laid them the last 3 days. If this is the case with the eggs then I am not going to sell them and I suppose they are no good since we took them away. Will not do that again! If you are interested in the duck eggs they are available I will just add a few more to the order if you want them.

Brandon

7. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Ten call eggs for $20?? I'm in!

8. bishopschickens

bishopschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Cumberland, VA
    p.s. what part of wyoming are you from? My wife is originally from casper.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by