6 chickens laying 2 eggs a day - fresh water problem?

Kman950

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
I have 6 chickens and they were laying 4 or so eggs per day now I'm lucky if I get 2. I've had 6 chickens in the past and I was got around 4 to 6 a day. I know there are many factors involved but this is in the middle of summer, they are not new and they have food and water. I'm wondering if I need to change the water more often? I have a waterer that holds about a weeks worth- Is the water not fresh enough? It can get muddy and green algea appears. I do clean it every week though. Anything I may not be considering? They are not molting either. Thanks Kman

I change my water every morning and put out two so if one gets tipped over they still have water.

I have 6 chickens and they were laying 4 or so eggs per day now I'm lucky if I get 2. I've had 6 chickens in the past and I was got around 4 to 6 a day. I know there are many factors involved but this is in the middle of summer, they are not new and they have food and water. I'm wondering if I need to change the water more often? I have a waterer that holds about a weeks worth- Is the water not fresh enough? It can get muddy and green algea appears. I do clean it every week though. Anything I may not be considering? They are not molting either. Thanks Kman

What breed or breeds are your hens, and how old are they?

Back
Top Bottom