6 Chicks, and I have no idea what they might be?

miezimau

In the Brooder
6 Years
Feb 6, 2013
Adkins, TX
I got these from a Chicken lover, that had way too many and needed to get rid of some. These were free roaming on her property with many many other chickens all different kind of breeds and many Cockerels. She said they might be mixed breeds and she couldn't be sure what breeds they all are. My guess is Pearl and Razor might be Australorp, Buttercup might be an Ameraucana, but I am clueless
idunno.gif
about the others, also unsure if I am right. The only one I am totally sure about is my Cockerel, he is a Silkie
big_smile.png
Thanks for the help, I hope these pictures are clear enough to identify what these ladies might be.

Elvira

Razor

Julie

Pearl

Socks

Buttercup

I got these from a Chicken lover, that had way too many and needed to get rid of some. These were free roaming on her property with many many other chickens all different kind of breeds and many Cockerels. She said they might be mixed breeds and she couldn't be sure what breeds they all are. My guess is Pearl and Razor might be Australorp, Buttercup might be an Ameraucana, but I am clueless
idunno.gif
about the others, also unsure if I am right. The only one I am totally sure about is my Cockerel, he is a Silkie
big_smile.png
Thanks for the help, I hope these pictures are clear enough to identify what these ladies might be.

Elvira
mixed, maybe with polish or silkie
Razor
not austrulorp, also has a crest, silkie mix?
Julie
I think I see feathered legs, maybe marans cross?
Pearl
marans, or some other featherlegged cross
Socks
?? polish or maybe silkie mix?
Buttercup
easter egger

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the info! Here a little more info : Razor had a light brown medium size egg, and Julie laid a medium white egg. Buttercup still is adjusting (my guess) and has not laid yet. I just had these gals since Saturday, but I have already a total of 8 eggs
yesss.gif
middle one is Razors Egg

None of them are pure anything. You can tell the flock had some silkie or other tophatted breed, since you said you have a silkie that's as good a guess as any. Looks like birds that have been allowed to interbreed for a few generations. Even the easter egger looks like she has something not pea combed in her recent ancestry. Pearl's stance sure reminds me of a cornish, look at those legs!

Back
Top Bottom