1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 Chicks, and I have no idea what they might be?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by miezimau, Feb 6, 2013.

1. miezimau

miezimau Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2013
    Adkins, TX
    I got these from a Chicken lover, that had way too many and needed to get rid of some. These were free roaming on her property with many many other chickens all different kind of breeds and many Cockerels. She said they might be mixed breeds and she couldn't be sure what breeds they all are. My guess is Pearl and Razor might be Australorp, Buttercup might be an Ameraucana, but I am clueless[​IMG] about the others, also unsure if I am right. The only one I am totally sure about is my Cockerel, he is a Silkie [​IMG]Thanks for the help, I hope these pictures are clear enough to identify what these ladies might be.

Elvira
    [​IMG]
    Razor
    [​IMG]
    Julie
    [​IMG]
    Pearl
    [​IMG]
    Socks
    [​IMG]
    Buttercup
    [​IMG]

2. Chicken Tamer

Chicken Tamer Overrun With Chickens

Jul 10, 2012
    On The Couch (-:P
    Razor is a Austrolorpe
    Julie may be a cuckoo maran
    Buttercup looks like a EE
    Thats all I know right now sorry

3. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  4. Chicken Tamer

Chicken Tamer Overrun With Chickens

Jul 10, 2012
    On The Couch (-:P
    Oh didnt see it. Maybe a austrolorpe mix.

5. miezimau

miezimau Out Of The Brooder

Feb 6, 2013
    Adkins, TX
    Thanks so much for the info! Here a little more info : Razor had a light brown medium size egg, and Julie laid a medium white egg. Buttercup still is adjusting (my guess) and has not laid yet. I just had these gals since Saturday, but I have already a total of 8 eggs [​IMG] middle one is Razors Egg
    [​IMG]

6. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    None of them are pure anything. You can tell the flock had some silkie or other tophatted breed, since you said you have a silkie that's as good a guess as any. Looks like birds that have been allowed to interbreed for a few generations. Even the easter egger looks like she has something not pea combed in her recent ancestry. Pearl's stance sure reminds me of a cornish, look at those legs!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by