6 chicks with impacted crop!

trilyn

Songster
10 Years
Apr 13, 2009
East Syracuse
Help!!! I don't know, maybe I'm crazy but I went to change the bedding in the chicks brooder this afternoon and all 6 seem to have marble sized crops on their right side. Is this impacted crop? I am so new to this, maybe I'm overreacting? I took out their food, increased their acv in their water to a tablespoon. Should I just wait to see what happens tomorrow? I am going to massage them all now and pray. Anyone! Please help!!

They are 5 day old RIR, all on papertowels in their brooder, under that are shavings. They had been pecking at the shavings, possibly eating them. They get chick grit mixed in with their crumbles and acv & water. No other treats yet and I don't know what else I'm missing. Please help! I don't want to lose these guys. I did the exact same thing with my comets and I never had this problem. At least I don't think so, if I did they'd be dead right? Sorry, I'm a little hyped up right now.

I forgot to mention, they are pooping and drinking their water. The poop does seem normal, maybe I am overreacting? They are moving around and doing their normal chick thing.

I wouldn't worry just yet. All of my chicks crops are huge at different times of the day. If they're drinking and eating and pooping I think they're probably just fine. If they stop doing all of that then worry.
smile.png

Thank you! This is all so new to me and I can't believe how attached I am already; they're so cute!
love.gif
I will keep a watch on them and follow your advice. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom