1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

6 Cuckoo Maran Chicks, straight run

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Echoinghills, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Echoinghills

Echoinghills Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    Up for bid, is 6 Silver Cuckoo Maran chicks, with option to possibly buy extras. These will be English chicks... with option to buy French chicks, the French chicks will be $10 each. Shipping will be calculated from my zipcode to yours, and as close to actual. Any questions, just PM me. I can ship next Monday by Express Mail. Photo is of my Golden Cuckoo maran roo, the silvers are very similar in markings...just minus the gold neck/tails. Thanks for looking!!! I will put pics of the chicks on soon... check back! Lots of pics... keep scrolling!!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  2. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    How is the egg color? Do you have pictures?

How old are the chicks?

3. Echoinghills

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    Hi, some of the eggs are dark...others are light. Since there is golden in the mix, and this is project eggs of mine... i have not had a chance to work on or weed out the lighter egg layers. Besides...the most french golden cuckoos have hatched from those lighter eggs so far, so i am keeping them right now, will separate colors next season when some of my goldens grow up here. Most likely the silvers are out of the darker eggs, i just hatched out several french/english silvers from a dark egg... similar to a dark Welsummer or somewhat lighter BCM egg. Hope that makes sense. I will take some pics of my eggs that is still in the incubator tomorrow to show you, since they are slacking in laying now that things are getting colder here.[​IMG] Forgot to mention, the chicks are anywhere from 2-4 wks old, i will pick the largest chicks so they ship with no problems. If i think i can sex any, i will try to put in as many pullets as i can...or as requested by the winner.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
  4. Echoinghills

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    Will share some pics, as last time someone asked if i had pics of my hens, and i didnt get time to take them. I took these yesterday, trying to update things here. First pic is showing comparison of a gold cuckoo hen and silver cuckoo hen.
    [​IMG]
    Next is another pic of golden cuckoo hen.
    [​IMG]

5. Echoinghills

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    French Golden Roo... not as pale/yellow as i prefer...but still a nice boy.
    [​IMG]

6. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

Those are really nice Francie!!!

Anyone looking Francie has some really nice Chicks. I did purchase JG's from her and they are very healthy and happy babies!!

7. Echoinghills

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    [​IMG] Thanks Beth!!!

8. Echoinghills

Feb 21, 2010
    NE OHIO
    Here is pic of egg color...on left is a brown leghorn white egg, middle is darkest cuckoo egg (it has lightened some with time tho), on right is the lightest cuckoo egg that produces goldens. There is also chicks out of a middle dark egg that has a pinkish look to it...a very pretty egg. Kinda hard to describe. It is similar to some of my Black Jersey Giant eggs in color/darkness tho.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by