6 Cuckoo Marans (clean legged) Hatching Eggs

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by daze333, Feb 8, 2011.

1. daze333

daze333 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    This auction is for 6 with extras (if the girls cooperate) cuckoo marans eggs. They are clean legged. These birds came from hatcheries, but have decently dark eggs. For more info and pics see my site at http://sherryscrazymenagerie.blogspot.com/2011/01/cuckoo-marans-flock.html

I pack the eggs in bubble wrap and an egg carton surrounded by lots of packing materials. They ship priority USPS. Here on the farm I am having 90-100% hatch rate on these! Of course, I cannot guarantee hatch results on shipped eggs. Thanks and happy hatching!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    Could I Plz see the egs they are laying now? The eggs on your website are they the first eggs they laid?

3. daze333

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Quote:I took the last pic when they had been laying for a couple of months. Here is a pic that was of eggs collected today.
    [​IMG]

4. bigspringshatchery

bigspringshatchery Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Roanoke Alabama
    thanks. i like the color. tryin to find something to breed to my barred olive egger to make em darker. ill be watching this

5. Mrsfoote

Mrsfoote Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 19, 2010
    Laurel Montana
    I've bought eggs from her before she is AMAZING pretty eggs and cute chickies!!

6. daze333

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Thank you Mrs. Foote! I am glad you enjoy them. [​IMG]
    Here are some pics of babies recently hatched.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    Do you know the lineage of the parent stock?

8. daze333

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Quote:I listed on the first post of the auction that they are hatchery birds. Sorry I don't know what lines they use there.

9. broodytood

broodytood Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Swampville, Wa!
    Can you give a brief description of the temperament and hardiness of your CM strain? Thanks!

10. daze333

Dec 26, 2008
    Port Angeles, WA
    Quote:Well I don't have other marans to compare to, but I have lots of chickens to compare to. [​IMG] My girls are laid back, but not the bottom of the pecking order either. I don't see them actively pick on any other birds. They are wonderful layers, even in the middle of winter. I have never seen them sick or even droopy looking. They seem very healthy, vibrant and fertile. I have only found 1 or 2 infertile eggs out of like 50 of their eggs I have hatched recently. Their babies have had very clean hatches and are healthy fat little chicks as well. I have noticed when brooding the chicks they can be flighty and high strung, but mellow out when older. Hope this answers your questions.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by