6 day old Olive Eggers- genders?

Chickie15

Chirping
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hi! I've been trying to determine which is which. There are only 2 and they're very different so we obviously have one of each (1 male, 1 female.)
At first I thought the one on the left was the male and the right was the female but the one on the right is developing tail feathers much faster then the left. Thanks for any help!
smile.png

69105_102_2890.jpg

69105_102_2888.jpg

Ashley

Feather sexing only works well with birds bred to be feather sexed. EEs are a mixed breed so who knows? You'll find out soon enough. I know its a big bummer to wait but it also is part of the fun.
4chsmu1.gif

marans crosses the girls get long tails sooner. watch the tails and the feet this week... big feet-= roos.

Quote:
I have an EE that lays beautiful olive green eggs and was told she was an EE, not specifically an "Olive Egger" when I got her as a tiny chick. Could she not be from any dark egg layer crossed with an Ameraucana or do they specifically breed/sell "Olive Eggers" as a Marans/Ameraucana cross?

AGNES, the EE is in the middle:

39619_the_little_girls_new_roost.jpg

I honestly never sex mine by feather growth. . . My OE's I either sex by feather color if they're the right color or wait until they're 4 weeks old for comb growth.

Back
Top Bottom